Will you continue attending games ?

100%

I mentioned it on another thread, but I had a mini breakdown at work a few weeks ago. When I’ve had an objective look at it since, I think it’s a mixture of constant stress at work causing work related fatigue/burnout, combined with not being able to come home from work and forget/release by going to the football.

The football is often shite and gets on my tits, but the whole weekend allows me to disconnect from some of the shite I see at work.

It also left me feeling rejuvenated and ready to go again when I went back to work. Not being able to have a laugh on a bus to some shithole 3 hours away, pre-match pints, hurl abuse at referees etc has made a hard job 10x harder.

When this carry on is over
Yes from me however people quickly get out of the habit & I can see many not returning
I’m an exile so not able to go regularly. However, pre Covid my sister would come to Uk every year From Australia and we’d take our Dad ( now 88) and also in exile up to Sunderland for a home game taking as many of my sons as are available. Can’t express how important those trips are to our family and my dad in particular. So yes- we’ll be back.
I was daft enough to the game today through a fire door 🙄 So thats how much I miss it.

That first proper away day getting up early, jumping on the train, find a pub somewhere and have a few before walking up to the ground and watching the lads.its going to be fantastic.

Logon or register to see this image
Love this!

Last edited:
I really do not miss it, but have been falling out of love with SAFC since Moyes days. I am more of a football fan now than a Sunderland supporter I feel.

Though I didn’t renew due to the virus and knowing we weren’t going back for a considerable time, I’ll renew instantly when everything is back to normal. And especially if we have new owners.

I will pick and choose my games but won’t be up to Scotland every weekend like I was. Thought I would miss it but haven’t really and saving a fortune in petrol/trains.

Yes from me however people quickly get out of the habit & I can see many not returning
Of course, I'm not just missing the footy I'm missing the footballing family especially during away games.

Weekends are f***ing shit with no footy, no matter how bad we are.

I think that by the time this is all over I shall be to old to travel the 200 miles it takes me to attend,I have had a season card/ticket for more years than I care to remember,and yes it will be a sad day.

The posters saying they won’t go if it’s socially distanced but will when it’s back to normal...when are you expecting to return?

I have a feeling it might be 2022 by the time crowds are back without some sort of rules in place, just based on the vaccine roll out phases.

I obviously had to stop attending when I moved away ten years ago and I miss it still, but going to Timbers games makes up for the live experience and I am delighted about the streaming as I never miss an Safc game.

Back