Will you continue attending games ?

Nah.

I think I only kept going out of habit anyway. Haven’t really enjoyed it for a good while. Sad in a way, but I think this forced sabbatical has probably broken the habit for me. I’ve barely even been checking the scores this season.

And I think this sums it up in a nutshell. I have been going to non league games, and enjoying that more to be honest.

I'd say no, I've been enjoying the time to do other things with the family, taking up golf again. I haven't been keeping track of games at all, and I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with professional football altogether.

Honestly have no appetite for football at the minute (SAFC or otherwise). Can't watch the matches, they all feel like training games or friendlies without any fans there.

Will return once full crowds are back.

No I was never a regular really, no season ticket since the Roy Keane days. Just didn’t renew one year and never looked back.

only been to the odd home match in recent years, I just dinit enjoy it if I’m honest, it’s f***ing bleak, I went past angry years ago and now I’m even beyond apathy.

Won’t be rushing back.

Yes, can't wait to get back, but only once we're all allowed back in & pubs back to normal. Won't go back under socially distanced conditions
A football match is about more than the football. It's a social occasion, I'll probably be the same.

Not a massive fan of watching us on a stream, will be going back and having a bit shout on. been getting pissed down my local and singing anti Newcastle songs but even that's getting boring. Younguns don't even know who Lee howey is! 100% will be back, might even get the op a pint of mild

When this carry on is over
Yes from me however people quickly get out of the habit & I can see many not returning
I certainly will.

But a lot of people will be out of the routine of going. Watching the match at home is more convenient for some aswell

They'll be a huge drop in attendances across the country

I’m really missing it, to be honest.
Im not missing it at all.
Watching us on tv is bad enough and we're currently flying high - relatively speaking. The entertainment value is nil.
Daffy's post #20 is what will prob get me back eventually.

Last edited:
I miss matchdays but can’t say I miss the match itself at all. Whether or not I return will depend on the situation with pubs.

Im not missing it at all.
Watching us on tv is bad enough and we're currently flying high - relatively speaking. The entertainment value is nil.
Daffy's post #20 is what will prob get me back eventually.

Aye, it’s the day itself that I like most and that’s always been the case for me.

I doubt anyone will miss the actual standard of footy.

Back