Will we sell the 4451 allocation at Boro??

One difference - 'Uncle Steve' invests every penny back into the club.

In the early Robson years at the Riverside we maybe could have got 40k if the stadium allowed.

I could say 94/95 promotion year at Ayresome we averaged more than you did in your promotion year at Roker 95/96. I could say I have seen Roker half empty under Buxton. But then I know that there are examples when Sunderland have averaged more. You don't win football matches for attendances.

You can all say we averaged this and that. In the end I have seen in the flesh my club lift a trophy, beat Roma over 2 legs in the olympic stadium, play in major european finals. Sign proper world class players. That will do me thanks.
Apart from the hotel.

It’s funny that marra as in recent years I struggled to give them away. They’ve stopped now but people just weren’t interested. They were via work by the way. If ever they come back I’ll bear you in mind marra.
Had a season ticket since 1990 so haven't looked or needed them tbf.

Is taking a 10 year old a daft idea?
I went to boro and the mags away circa 15 years ago when I was 10 and there was trouble- but I was safe. That said, if you stay relatively sober and are careful (eg not wearing colours) then it should be fine. Even at "derbies" very few people would hit a ten year old or someone with a ten year old. The risk is more that you inadvertently get caught up in something. Don't be first out the ground and avoid large groups where someone could lob a bottle or whatever. But if you're sensible it's fine.

I went to boro and the mags away circa 15 years ago when I was 10 and there was trouble- but I was safe. That said, if you stay relatively sober and are careful (eg not wearing colours) then it should be fine. Even at "derbies" very few people would hit a ten year old or someone with a ten year old. The risk is more that you inadvertently get caught up in something. Don't be first out the ground and avoid large groups where someone could lob a bottle or whatever. But if you're sensible it's fine.[/QUOTE

:lol: :lol:

@Maximus out of interest, how much are safcsa charging for the Boro match??
Dunno but he usually matches or beats ALS by £2 so I’d imagine £13-15. All I know is our names are added every away and it gets paid. £60 for the four of us means her indoors might drive.

Edit. They are taking names now - a tenner!

Last edited:
I am looking forward to this game with a decent support behind us but it’s easily one of the worst away days, last time we went there the busses crawling at about 5 mph and inside the concourse of the ground, the wire fencing segregation made the place feel really unsafe. That’s before you get into how much of a shitehole Middlesbrough actually is too.

Dunno but he usually matches or beats ALS by £2 so I’d imagine £13-15. All I know is our names are added every away and it gets paid. £60 for the four of us means her indoors might drive.

Edit. They are taking names now - a tenner!

Don’t think I can make this, doubt it tbh. But checked trains, £160 & 18 hrs in total :(

You are talking shite again,just spoke to the smog at work and he paid 395 and also gets a free drink of his choice every home game.
£530 is for the bandwaggonners who reappeared when they were promoted and it is reduced to £395 after one season if they stay but don' t
get the free which drink.Gibson looks after his loyal core.

£395 was the price for renewals with the early bird offer, and it was only available for a limited amount of time. You had the option of buying a season ticket for £370 right up until the start of the season.

The pricing system certainly does reward those who are loyal, but doesn't do much to encourage new buyers. Your pricing structure certainly does encourage new buyers and that's to be applauded.

Last edited:
£395 was the price for renewals with the early bird offer, and it was only available for a limited amount of time. You had the option of buying a season ticket for £370 right up until the start of the season.

The pricing system certainly does reward those who are loyal, but doesn't do much to encourage new buyers. Your pricing structure certainly does encourage new buyers and that's to be applauded.
I’m sure mine was £495 but although it’s boring, it allows me to go to all of the aways.;)

Back