Will we be wearing the away colours?

I will be wearing the same home shirt I wore in 98. My favourite one :cool:

Anyone know what the record of black shirts at Wembley is? Can't be many times they've been worn there.

Mind had Mosley and co not been given a pasting at Cable Street in 1935 things might have been different

I've two of the 98 gold tops in the cupboard upstairs my two boys have asked can they wear them, I don't really know what to say
Noooo

Good point, we did. No idea what the criteria was back then though. I always thought it was the toss of a coin but The Chronicle reckons it was cos we finished lower.

Why Sunderland will wear their AWAY colours at Wembley

They talk a load of shit like so they're probably wrong and I can't find anything else that says why we are in our away kit.
We re in black top for fcuksake.cos we finished lower

I know, I was only going off what was printed in The Chronicle but should have known better than to believe anything they say. Surely it's toss of a coin.
Cos it's changed.it was a toss of a coin then

Black is much smarter. Hope our fans wear black anarl.

We finished higher than them when we wore the gold in 98.

Our players in skins?
Black on Saturday.gotta be red n white sunday

Last edited:
Probably for the best that we don't play in red and white on Sunday... EFL play-offs: Is this the year Sunderland break the red and white curse?

Stoke played in their red and white stripes when they won at Wembley and were promoted so while it's a shit record, it's not as if it hasn't ever happened

Charlton get to wear their home strip as they finished higher in the league. And think the East End of Wembley is assigned to the most Northern team so we will always get that end (unless we ever play the mags).

Not true, Man City had the West stand against Chelsea. It's probably more to do with transport links home for fans

Last edited:

Back