Will this sell out?

Highest ever home average attendance in League One. Part of the highest ever attendance at an EFL Trophy final. Probably part of the highest ever attendance at a League One Play Off final. Yet you still complain?
We have the biggest stadium at this level ffs, we were getting 40k fans everyweek 3 years ago. We are playing teams with 5/6 k attendances man. It shouldn't be celebrated, trophies should be celerbated. Winning football matches not attendances against micky mouse teams ffs

Our support has been superb this season. The highest ever league average in this division and crowds have gone UP from last season.
We'll have took circa 75k to Wembley in the space of 8 weeks.

This club may have problems. It's support isn't one of them
Our support could certainly be better. Why can't we get 35k a week in League one? Our hardcore support is fantastic there is no doubting which is around 26/29k imo.

Last edited:

We have the biggest stadium at this level ffs, we were getting 40k fans everyweek 3 years ago. We are playing teams with 5/6 k attendances man. It shouldn't be celebrated, trophies should be celerbated. Winning football matches not attendances against micky mouse teams ffs

I agree but you are the one having a pop at our Wembley attendance.

Our support could certainly be better. Why can't we get 35k a week in League one? Our hardcore support is fantastic there is no doubting which is around 26/29k imo.
So we've had crowds better than this division has ever seen on a regular basis and that's not good enough?

You're talking nonsense

I don't go very often. Based in Nottingham with a young family. Usually make half a dozen games a season, mostly away games.

Must say though i'm surprised that this has not sold out already. It's the biggest game of the season bar none. I used to agree with people who said we'd sell out whatever the allocation but this does make you wonder if the fanbase is not as big as people thought.

I agree but you are the one having a pop at our Wembley attendance.
Yep. We aren't selling out at Wembley are you are trying to sugarcoat it. When I bet you've had a pop at teams doing it in the past.

So we've had crowds better than this division has ever seen on a regular basis and that's not good enough?

You're talking nonsense
Christ are you being serious. Has the bar seriously dropped that low? We have a bigger stadium that has been in this division. We should be smashing the record ffs.

Last edited:

Do you see the irony here? You're complaining that more fans aren't going yet also saying nobody should care how many fans there are in attendance.

We are SAFC, not a little club. If the mags didn't sell out everyone on here would be pissing themselves. No one has any standards about our fans anymore since we have been relegated. We should be selling out, just like we easilly could have gotten 35k average this season. People just make excuses all the time

They went earlier in the season for their only game of the season.

Need to gan get yersel a lass instead fretting about how many turn up at games.

We should be selling out. Highest attened League One Play Off Final isn't exactly a high standard ffs.
You say that we should get an average of 35K at home. Our average is the highest ever in the 3rd flight - that includes Leeds, Man City and Villa and yet you are critical of that - it is amazing that some people will find anyway to criticise the club.

This has definitely made me question how big of a club we are and how good our support actually is outside the hardcore. Never in my life did i think i'd see a Wembley allocation not sell out.
We would have 100% sold this out if we hadn’t already been to Wembley this season. Man City’s semi final attendance showed the limitations of multiple trips to Wembley in one year.

Yep. We aren't selling out at Wembley are you are trying to sugarcoat it. When I bet you've had a pop at teams doing it in the past.

Christ are you being serious. Has the bar seriously dropped that low? We have a bigger stadium that has been in this division. We should be smashing the record ffs.
Theres some big clubs that have been kn this division and we still have the highest average (leeds, sheff wed, wolves)

:lol:
Villa have had a bigger capacity in this division. You're talking utter shit

We would have 100% sold this out if we hadn’t already been to Wembley this season. Man City’s semi final attendance showed the limitations of multiple trips to Wembley in one year.

Whilst I see your point, the Mags aren't any richer than us and would definitely have sold out both trips and definitely would not have lost 15k fans in 2 weeks between playing Portsmouth in the league and Portsmouth in the semi final. The main problem is we have to many daytrippers for "supporters". We averaged 41k under David Moyes ffs. Where have they gone? Or are they only fans if they get free tickets?

Yet people on here jumped to criticise them for it :lol::lol::lol::lol:
You are spending your day criticising our fans on here:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Whilst I see your point, the Mags aren't any richer than us and would definitely have sold out both trips and definitely would not have lost 15k fans in 2 weeks between playing Portsmouth in the league and Portsmouth in the semi final. The main problem is we have to many daytrippers for "supporters". We averaged 41k under David Moyes ffs. Where have they gone? Or are they only fans if they get free tickets?
They probably can’t afford two trips to Wembley in one season. Our Wembley gate will be consistent with our average attendance this season, there’s nothing wrong with that.

i didn't think i'd ever see us not sell out a trip to Wembley like but should hopefully stop the boring attendance threads we get on here having a go at other clubs for not selling out etc..

What the mags do or don't do is irrelevant

Back