Will The Jam ever reform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd been releasing singles for two years prior to that though. In the city, the modern world, down in the tube station..., that's entertainment (post first number 1's) all failed to make the top 10
Thats my point they were well into their career and were peaking when he walked.As far as the credible side of music at that time they were as hot as anyone

Good Story of the Jam doc on Sky arts catch up
loads of footage i'd never seen.Well made
See if you can spot Sunderland on it

I hope they never do , as bands like the Jam were about three angry young lads with raw energy playing songs that said something about that time. To see middle aged men try and repeat that would be cringe worthy at best and very sad...

I hope they never do , as bands like the Jam were about three angry young lads with raw energy playing songs that said something about that time. To see middle aged men try and repeat that would be cringe worthy at best and very sad...
The question gets answered (again) by weller in the doc
NO!!

Nope. Not going to happen. I honestly don't want those memories ruined.

I was and remain a huge fan. Like Tex I saw them live a number of times. They were huge when he split them up. It made Nationwide and the National News. Their popularity may have waned with some of their original fans but on a national scale they were going from strength to strength.

Weller moved on a long long time ago and just wishes that everyone else would too.

Nope. Not going to happen. I honestly don't want those memories ruined.

I was and remain a huge fan. Like Tex I saw them live a number of times. They were huge when he split them up. It made Nationwide and the National News. Their popularity may have waned with some of their original fans but on a national scale they were going from strength to strength.

Weller moved on a long long time ago and just wishes that everyone else would too.

That reads as if it was ME who split them up! It wasn't me, honest!

If this thread is any indication I reckon most of us of a certain vintage have moved on. Those calling / hoping for a reunion may be the younger ones who weren't around when the band was playing live and it's wish fulfillment. Same way that there's a few bands from a bit before my time I might have been interested in seeing reform, such as Rod and the Faces but it's too late now with Mac and Plonk both gone.

That reads as if it was ME who split them up! It wasn't me, honest!

If this thread is any indication I reckon most of us of a certain vintage have moved on. Those calling / hoping for a reunion may be the younger ones who weren't around when the band was playing live and it's wish fulfillment. Same way that there's a few bands from a bit before my time I might have been interested in seeing reform, such as Rod and the Faces but it's too late now with Mac and Plonk both gone.

I wouldn't wanna see the jam reform and they split up when i was still in nappies. Leave it as it is.
From the Jam are enough to fill the gap for nostalgia junkies, and Weller's on tour every couple of years if that's your thing.
Even the stone roses have became a joke now, announcing tour after tour with two average songs their sole output in 6 years.
35 years since the jam packed it in, and they are hardly gonna come back with some edgy relevant stuff now

The magic has gone forever!
Great bands don't reform unless they are desperate for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back