Will The Jam ever reform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read the drummer's book I doubt anyone would want to be in a band with him as he's so boring.
He mentions trying to speak to Paul a few times after the split and PW keeps ignoring him apart from once when he "said hello quickly but kept on walking past me" :lol:

The Jam's singles were all going into the chart at number 1 and are close to ABBA, Slade and The Beatles as a UK success. A reunion would be massive. But I agree with @Arkle a Style Council revival would be more fun. Or, seeing as we're in fantasy land anyway, a mix of the two playing all his singles from the bum end of the Jam and the start of the Style Council - Weller 1980-1985 basically. As long as he doesn't play that awful song they did with Lenny Henry!

I've started getting into The Jam and It saddens me to realise that I'll never get to see them play live.

Why doesn't Weller just swallow his pride and get the lads back together.

He's playing in tiny venues across the country, why not do stadium gigs?

No... Weller said so...

Most of us go through a phase of wanting the favourite bands of our youth to reform. What happens is we grow out of it and/or most of the members die.

So just wait long enough and it'll resolve itself

'cos Paul Weller is an utter bellend of a man who seems happier (if he is capable of happy instead of acting like a spoiled teenager constantly) making bad dad rock and slower than slow cack ballads. I cannot understand why is so worshiped by some - I don't know the man but I wouldn't speak to the fucker if I did!

I meant with The Jam.

Why play in tiny venues as a solo artist when you can earn more money and play to a much larger crowd in a band?
Because he doesn't do it for money,he walked away from the biggest band in Britain

They were never the biggest band in Britain mind. Very popular at one time but not the "biggest"
Depends on what biggest means,they weren't pop and they were knocking singles out that went straight to number one etc and at their commercial peak he walked away

It says a lot about your age, the fact that you think they should reform for money.
Welled has just announced his 7th child

Depends on what biggest means,they weren't pop and they were knocking singles out that went straight to number one etc and at their commercial peak he walked away
4 number ones in 5 years is good going, but most of their other singles failed to make the top 10. Only 1 out of 6 studio albums made number 1 and that was their last one. a very popular band I know but truly nowhere near the biggest at that time.

I've started getting into The Jam and It saddens me to realise that I'll never get to see them play live.

He's playing in tiny venues across the country, why not do stadium gigs?
If someone butters the old crust up enough.

4 number ones in 5 years is good going, but most of their other singles failed to make the top 10. Only 1 out of 6 studio albums made number 1 and that was their last one. a very popular band I know but truly nowhere near the biggest at that time.

After there big break through single Eton rifles peaked at 3 the only singles not to make top 10 were imports that's entertainment and just who is the five o'clock hero

After there big break through single Eton rifles peaked at 3 the only singles not to make top 10 were imports that's entertainment and just who is the five o'clock hero
They'd been releasing singles for two years prior to that though. In the city, the modern world, down in the tube station..., that's entertainment (post first number 1's) all failed to make the top 10

They'd been releasing singles for two years prior to that though. In the city, the modern world, down in the tube station..., that's entertainment (post first number 1's) all failed to make the top 10

For that 3 year period post Eton rifles I'd be surprised if there was a more successful British band in the UK charts

For that 3 year period post Eton rifles I'd be surprised if there was a more successful British band in the UK charts
Agreed.

It all comes down to what is the acceptable defenition of a 'big' band.
If Pink Floyd or the Stones had toured in that period they would have made more money and played to more fans in a few months than The Jam would have in their entire careers. Mind, aside from Start Me Up and Another Brick neither band did much in the way of singles success in the Jam's period and IIRC both hands had periods when they hovered near bankruptcy (although I doubt it affected their personal fortunes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back