Will The Jam ever reform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA96

Midfield
I've started getting into The Jam and It saddens me to realise that I'll never get to see them play live.

Why doesn't Weller just swallow his pride and get the lads back together.

He's playing in tiny venues across the country, why not do stadium gigs?

I've started getting into The Jam and It saddens me to realise that I'll never get to see them play live.

Why doesn't Weller just swallow his pride and get the lads back together.

He's playing in tiny venues across the country, why not do stadium gigs?
How old are you out of curiosity?

This is like 'Will The Beatles reform' innit? Endless wishing and speculation which only came to an end when Lennon got whacked, leading to further endless speculation as to whether or not they had all made up and it was on the cards one day if he was still alive.

In the most recent documentary from a couple of years ago Weller said absolutely not, Buckler diplomatically said it wouldn't be a good idea right now and Foxton said they were all busy with their own projects.

I could see it happening one day as a walk-on guest type thing like when Foxton played a couple of songs on stage with Weller a few years back, but rumour has it Buckler can't stand Weller and left FTJ when Foxton and Weller started getting matey again (anyone know if that's FACT or just rumour?) so I wouldn't hold your breath until at least a few more rounds of diplomacy.

As I said on another thread I saw The Police about six years ago on their cash-in tour and given that they had a much more world wide following than The Jam they were shite with a pitifully poor sound for such seasoned musicians.

As a once obsessively dedicated fan of The Jam who saw them live many times, I'm not even so sure I'd be that enthused to see them myself (doubt they would play over here!). I look back on those days and sounds with warm nostalgia but I reckon both I and they have long since moved on. Well not so much Foxton as he's still playing their songs for a living but yinnarworramean!

Last edited:
I'm gloriously indifferent whether they reform or not.

Some of the music was good but the lyrics...self-righteous isn't the half of it.

If I never hear Weller*, Billy Bragg or Mick Hucknell again it will be too soon.

*well maybe Stanley Road. Once every 5 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back