Will Scotland

Think they'll comfortably get out of the group stage tbh. They're better than the Czechs, and they'll give us and Croatia a game. Genuinely think they'll be a bit of a surprise package, certainly to a lot of people who think they'll go out with a whimper in the group stage. Some canny players, seem a good unit with a good spirit, and a couple of home games won't harm.

People seem to forget that Scotland made the last eight in 1992. True, only eight teams were in the finals, but still.

There's a nucleus of decent players, and a manager who knows how to get the best out of the average players, to leave Scotland supporters optimistic of getting through the group.

Still love the story from the 1978 World Cup in Argentina, when Jock hitch-hiked all the way there and back to see "Ally's Army" in action. Although they beat eventual runners-up, Holland, of course they started with a 3-1 defeat by Peru.

Anyway, Jock was away about a year on his travels and when he got home, the first thing he did was to go up to his cree to see his pigeons. About 15 minutes later he comes down crying his eyes out. His wife said "What's the matter?" Jock replied "My pigeons are all dead!" The wife says "They canna be, I fed them every day". Then Jock says "No, you don't understand, I had to kill them". "What on earth for?" asks the wife. "Because they were all sitting there going peroo, peroo" says Jock!

I have a sneaky suspicion that Scotland will finish second in the group and progress further than England on account of the draw.

lots of talk about what they lack up front meaning Dykes will as per Sod’s law likely score a few goals for them too.

Player to watch out for against England will be Stuart Armstrong. He is a technically very good player who can score a goal or two.
Dykes !!

Reported

They’ve qualified for the Euro through the back foot via the Nations League because they weren’t good enough to do it in normal qualifying.

They then couldn’t win either the semi or the final but got through on pens.

Fair play to them, there’s a feel good factor at the moment but they are bang average.

They’ve qualified for the Euro through the back foot via the Nations League because they weren’t good enough to do it in normal qualifying.

They then couldn’t win either the semi or the final but got through on pens.

Fair play to them, there’s a feel good factor at the moment but they are bang average.
England only qualified for the 66 finals cos they were the host nation.

Back