Will Parky be more positive away from home...

He's doing nothing he hasn't done at his other clubs, defend like fuck and hope for a 1-0. It's all well and good if you're the smaller club with limited resources but when it comes to being the big fish in a small pond you need to get at teams as all they'll do is exactly the f***ing same, they'll sit back and stifle you back. Playing 8 f***ing defenders week in, week out is f***ing awful to watch and we shouldn't need to do it in the f***ing slightest. Mouthing off Scowen is fighting for Maguire's position is beyond baffling as well. The cunt needs to learn you can play with less than 8 defenders and do well

Sorry if been posted but i cant actually believe whats he’s come out with 😳

“Max can play that holding role, Grant has played it all his career, Josh has played it although he is more competing with Chris Maguire on the right-hand side of a three in that system."

“Max can play that holding role, Grant has played it all his career, Josh has played it although he is more competing with Chris Maguire on the right-hand side of a three in that system."
Maguire doesn't play right of a 3 does he

Is josh, Scowen ? If so he’s not playing because it’s him or Maguire ?? If so that’s him fucked ! So he wants 2 holding midfielders ? So Leadbitter for Dobson ! Neil and Diamond might as well just fuck off to progress their careers

Is josh, Scowen ? If so he’s not playing because it’s him or Maguire ?? If so that’s him fucked ! So he wants 2 holding midfielders ? So Leadbitter for Dobson ! Neil and Diamond might as well just fuck off to progress their careers

"As I've said, I think the time is right for Aiden to move on. We've got young players in the squad who we want to give the opportunities to.

As ever in football, players move on and younger players emerge. That's what we'd like. "

😂

He means the 3 in attack, he is a f***ing idiot. Leadbitter certain to start on sat
He doesn’t mean right of the three in attack. Look where he played vs villa. Right hand side of the centre midfield.

Maguire has been playing centrally although it looked like he was more “in the hole” (insert mick McCarthy gif here) than on the right of the three vs hull and Bristol.

He's doing nothing he hasn't done at his other clubs, defend like fuck and hope for a 1-0. It's all well and good if you're the smaller club with limited resources but when it comes to being the big fish in a small pond you need to get at teams as all they'll do is exactly the f***ing same, they'll sit back and stifle you back.

We play with fear and we have for most of the last ten years. We fall lower and lower but we're still like frightened mice. I could take trying to park the bus at Old Trafford, but we have no reason to shit ourselves when we go to Oxford. Be organised by all means, but go with belief that we will win and try to play constructive football. That means mainly on the floor, not in the sky.

Looks 3-4-1-2 to me as well with O'Brien playing deep and Maguire floating about. Mind, we were so disjointed it could be owt.
Just watched a few bits from the video on the website and maguire goes wandering a lot but when we get back into shape he does actually play right of dobson in a flat three. Didnt notice that at the time but was clear as day vs Villa. Guess he sees it as:

Power -- Dobson -- Maguire

or

Power -- Leadbitter -- Scowen

🤷‍♂️

...now that there are no crowds?

Too many times away last season we were overly cautious and ended up chasing games instead of dictating them. Our away record was nowhere near good enough for a team supposedly challenging for promotion.

Without a crowd, there is no home advantage and no reason to sit back. Not holding my breath, but the Oxford match should tell us a lot.

Ha ha ha, not a chance.
More of the same from Dino man.

I'm flabbergasted by these comments i really am. I thought Maguire looked lost in the No.10 postion against Rovers but if this is true and it turns out he was asked to play right of 3 CM's it's no the f***ing wonder he struggled. The one good thing about PP last season is he got the best out of Maguire & Gooch the system suited those 2 & i felt all they needed was a bit of competition for their places. But now Gooch has become a back up wing back and Maguire a CM, you couldn't make this shit up. The manager is talking about holding midfielders when we play with 3 CB's it's absolute lunacy, you don't need someone sitting in front of the defence when you have 3 CB's unless you are completely anti football. I'm seething i really am, how long before it looks like this;
Burge
O'Nien Willis Wright Flanagan Hume
Leadbitter
Dobson Power

Graham Wyke​

...now that there are no crowds?

Too many times away last season we were overly cautious and ended up chasing games instead of dictating them. Our away record was nowhere near good enough for a team supposedly challenging for promotion.

Without a crowd, there is no home advantage and no reason to sit back. Not holding my breath, but the Oxford match should tell us a lot.
Are you ok mate mate? Are you having a senior moment?

Parlinson = shite defensive hoof ball.

The only thing positive I could hope for from this buffoon is his resignation!

He’s a nomark dinosaur, with the personality of a concrete block!

Doesn't sound like it.

According to his comments that have just come out in the Chronicle and Echo, he reckons Josh Scowen is more competition with Maguire for a place on the right side of a three man attack than he is for Dobson's role.

I've always thought Parkinson deserved a proper chance this season, but he got it really badly wrong last week and it sounds like he will again this season.

Three centre backs really don't need a fourth centre back sitting in front of them to give them protection.

Ffs.

Back