Will Parky be more positive away from home...

I love that quote someone had from Denis Smith talking about when he took over when we were in the 3rd Division. He said something like 'if I felt I couldn't get Sunderland promoted from the 3rd tier of English football then I should maybe accept I'm not cut out for football management'. Parky thinks, ooh Bristol Rovers at home, I'd better keep it tight as they could be a right threat. Similarly, Keane would say to them if you aren't going to beat these lot 3-0 don't bother coming back in the dressing room because they aren't fit to play on the same pitch as you. The problem stems from Stewart Donald's realisation from day one as Sunderland Owner that he had bitten off way more than he could chew. This inferiority complex has pervaded the club ever since and we've had manager's who are no threat to the unconfident owners.

I love that quote someone had from Denis Smith talking about when he took over when we were in the 3rd Division. He said something like 'if I felt I couldn't get Sunderland promoted from the 3rd tier of English football then I should maybe accept I'm not cut out for football management'. Parky thinks, ooh Bristol Rovers at home, I'd better keep it tight as they could be a right threat. Similarly, Keane would say to them if you aren't going to beat these lot 3-0 don't bother coming back in the dressing room because they aren't fit to play on the same pitch as you. The problem stems from Stewart Donald's realisation from day one as Sunderland Owner that he had bitten off way more than he could chew. This inferiority complex has pervaded the club ever since and we've had manager's who are no threat to the unconfident owners.
Spot on mate. The responsibility for where we are now rests firmly and squarely on him.

Arguably lost us at least a shot at the play offs last season. He’ll go eventually, but the issue is how long is it going to take.
He's not the long term option regardless what happens in first ten games best we can hope for if people want him gone is play offs after that period

He's not the long term option regardless what happens in first ten games best we can hope for if people want him gone is play offs after that period
Depends who replaces him. I don’t think he’ll go anywhere with Donald here, and if he does I shudder to think what his best man for the job would look like.

If Keane was here now with this squad, i’d bet we’d be attacking and winning the majority of games. He certainly wouldn’t be accepting the shit we are/have been seeing

Sad thing is they've even managed to instill that same level of acceptance and ambition in some of our fans. They still have people defending them. Unbelievable.

Sad thing is they've even managed to instill that same level of acceptance and ambition in some of our fans. They still have people defending them. Unbelievable.
I’ve done it in the past, preferring to try and look on the bright side, til it finally dawned on me that with this lot there isn’t one. I d rather gouge out me own knackers with a rusty spoon as stick up for them now. What we are seeing is completely avoidable and unacceptable.

Back