Will Parky be more positive away from home...

Well he saw scowen do nowt against young villa team,yes i know he put 3 corners in .In general play he was poor.

Yet he's still talking about playing him up front.
Might be thinking 2 out and out strikers if scowen is competing with Maguire

Just three or four assists and a goal

If you don't count all the things he did well in the game then he was shite.

Last edited:
He probably means playing him in a three with 2 strikers so less creativity

Aye l think he specifically said it would be right of the front three.

For some reason I'm undsr the impression he talked about Danny Graham playing left wing when we signed him but i've had a look and can't find anything about it so fuck knows where I've got it from.

Yet he's still talking about playing him up front.

If you don't count all the things he did well in the game then he was shite.
To be fair the lad said he was poor in open play and 2 off his 3 assists were from corners. Its possible to have a bad game but make an impact from a set piece. Likewise Maguire was piss poor on saturday but scored a good goal

I thought he was very poor in the first half but from about 60 mins he was much, much better. His other assist was a great run and cut back.

For some reason I'm undsr the impression he talked about Danny Graham playing left wing when we signed him but i've had a look and can't find anything about it so fuck knows where I've got it from.
So despite playing higher up in pre season now he's saying Neil is competing to play in his proper position cm, and scowen competing to play in a position he doesn't play he's losing the plot.
To be fair the lad said he was poor in open play and 2 off his 3 assists were from corners. Its possible to have a bad game but make an impact from a set piece. Likewise Maguire was piss poor on saturday but scored a good goal

I thought he was very poor in the first half but from about 60 mins he was much, much better. His other assist was a great run and cut back.
He shouldn't be competing with Maguire

Last edited:

No he was suggesting that he could play on the right of the middle three like he did vs villa. Interesting by his comments that it seems its supposed to be maguire on the right of the three, power on the left and dobson on the left because thats not how it looked at all vs Hull or Rovers. Looks more like 3-4-1-2 with maguire playing.
So despite playing higher up in pre season now he's saying Neil is competing to play in his proper position cm, and scowen competing to play in a position he doesn't play he's losing the plot.

He shouldn't be competing with Maguire
Absolutely not. But if Maguire is meant to be playing on the right side of a midfield three I'd say thats the issue more than scowen playing there

No he was suggesting that he could play on the right of the middle three like he did vs villa. Interesting by his comments that it seems its supposed to be maguire on the right of the three, power on the left and dobson on the left because thats not how it looked at all vs Hull or Rovers. Looks more like 3-4-1-2 with maguire playing.

Absolutely not. But if Maguire is meant to be playing on the right side of a midfield three I'd say thats the issue more than scowen playing there
Maguire hasn't been playing there though has he he's been behind the front 2?

He didn't stand out much first half but was our best player second. He was miles better than Power all game.

...now that there are no crowds?

Too many times away last season we were overly cautious and ended up chasing games instead of dictating them. Our away record was nowhere near good enough for a team supposedly challenging for promotion.

Without a crowd, there is no home advantage and no reason to sit back. Not holding my breath, but the Oxford match should tell us a lot.
I’d be delighted and amazed in equal measure. But I think there’s more chance of me getting a double up with Charlize Theron and Salma Hayek.
There’s no reason for us to sit back anyway man, this league is utter shit.
Tell that to Porkinson

Looks 3-4-1-2 to me as well with O'Brien playing deep and Maguire floating about. Mind, we were so disjointed it could be owt.

If he plays Leadbitter ahead of Scowen on Saturday i would sack him after the match regardless of the result
He will, and they won’t. As long as we dont Look like being relegated he’s got the safest job in the country. And I think he knows it.
Sounds like Scowen is battling Maguire for a place, not Leadbitter.
I can’t keep up with this blokes train of thought at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
He will, and they won’t. As long as we dont Look like being relegated he’s got the safest job in the country. And I think he knows it.

I can’t keep up with this blokes train of thought at all.
People said the same with ross if we have a few more shit games he will be gone after ten games

If Burge fucks up again he’ll put him in goal.
I know I’m being sackless now but it just bloody frustrating.

I’m not convinced of that mate.
Why sack Ross whilst in the play offs then, mind hopefully takeover happens then the decision is out of Donald's hands here's hoping mate I don't think he's the man to take us up.

The away results and performances last season were shambolic. There has to be a massive improvement in both.
Agreed mate. I just don’t see how we are going to accomplish that unless we do something different.
Why sack Ross whilst in the play offs then, mind hopefully takeover happens then the decision is out of Donald's hands here's hoping mate I don't think he's the man to take us up.
I think at that point in time he knew he was getting shit off the support. Now I don’t think he cares about that one bit. I hope so too, for the same reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back