Will parkrun be the 1st...

There is some concern that Parkrun will not return on 5th June because not enough landowners have agreed. There are 138 out of 589 on the list of confirmed venues this morning.
My local parkrun is Newent in the Forest of Dean has confirmed as have quite a few other local venues but that wont be any use unless there are sufficient nationwide.

Looks like they've reached the critical number of permissions to re-start on the 26th of June.
Good news but it's dependent on England coming out of the next phase of lockdown on 21st June.

Appears a lot of landowners are making that a condition.

Think I will volunteer for the first few weeks at my local Whitley Bay parkrun as they are looking for a huge increase in numbers

Good news but it's dependent on England coming out of the next phase of lockdown on 21st June.

Appears a lot of landowners are making that a condition.

Think I will volunteer for the first few weeks at my local Whitley Bay parkrun as they are looking for a huge increase in numbers
Yeah. I can’t see it happening myself.

Starting up again this weekend. Who is partaking in one and where? Haven't decided which one I'm doing yet.
I was planning on it but have a nursery graduation thing instead.

Just as well really, because I tried one lap of the new local one (since we moved house last year) and it’s hilly as fuck. Especially in 28 degrees.

Its strange, i was mental into parkrun before covid. Any away day, weekend away I would fit in a parkrun somehow. Yet when it stopped i found that I didnt miss it whatsoever for a year. Now it back I find myself really excited about saturday.

Last edited:
I have done 60 virtual park runs during the last 15 months. I was out last weekend helping tidy up the course at Newent in Gloucestershire and have now pulled a calf!
Went to physio this afternoon. I will get round on Saturday even if I have to hop.
Weather forecast is for thundery showers.

I am volunteering at Whitley Bay, we are expecting over 500 runners......Hopefully some of the first finishers will volunteer as scanners as supposed to be 1 scanner per 50 runners

I am volunteering at Whitley Bay, we are expecting over 500 runners......Hopefully some of the first finishers will volunteer as scanners as supposed to be 1 scanner per 50 runners
Good on you mate. I've been practicing for the GNR so been doing my long runs on a Saturday mornings, going to have to get my arse out of bed earlier to avoid the promenade at 9-ish.

I imagine that and Rising Sun (if it's back on) will be absolutely packed. Hope all goes well.

Back