Will Newcastle fans go back on the buses ?

He’s a canny bloke but definitely think he’s being a bit naive,convinced nowt will happen cos of where he is sitting
I went in the “posh seats” on a work ST at Sid James for my one and only visit. Our room (meal / drinks / snacks included in ticket) was about 80% Sunderland. Kevin Ball came round and did the ex player talk. I didn‘t need to worry about getting slapped because we lost 3-0 iirc. Not sure I would have jumped about if we scored anyway. It was still a bit edgy in the seats around the padded ones.

Any fan would be silly to not follow the restrictions today as will be under constant surveillance. I’d imagine the main concern for the police would be any of their fans travelling over without a ticket and drinking in Sunderland looking for trouble.
Buses home - what would you do ? Everyone will react differently but be fair number who will look to break away regardless

Any mag acting up in the home end is a complete tool or very naive - little old sunland will roll over eh

Not if your going to lose your loyalty points.

As I say the only risk from their fans today would be any Mags travelling over to Sunderland without tickets just to look for trouble

Last edited:
Bus first then we don’t get the match ticket till we step of the bus. If we don’t get back on bus with the bus pass to be scanned we lose our loyalty points. Bar in the ground is open for us when we get there so will get a drink. 130 buses
They just took the bus tickets off us and said you don't need it the busses will just be here for you. (From an in law mag)

So the loyalty points thing is bull💩

Sounds like they are skunks. But not sure why they got them through us. Assuming because of bubble

Quite a feisty lot some of our box holders. If they go on like a dick I hope they get what they deserve
That dude who thinks he's Craig Fairbrass in a gangster film loves a row. Sure he'll oblige any in the boxes around the SWC.

They won’t have ANY choice. They will be surrounded by the ‘metal shield’ and held back in the ground until they can be loaded back onto the buses and sent back to Mordor. The police have as much vested in this ‘bubble’ as anyone. They are not going to let a few mouthy scrotes embarrass them.
I think calling it a "bubble" softens the reality which is a semi-voluntary "kettling". In the unlikely event of a replay that is what our fans would face. Only football supporters are treated like this and pay for the privilege.

What happened in the end then? We'd paid to park at Teco, but as we got back to the car, saw a bunch of Police vans move round from Tesco's car park, round to the Metro station (northbound).

Nothing happened. Very tame day that was.
Assuming in part due to the lack of signal at the SoL, and social media being drowned out by Mags who didn't go, there wasn't much posted online about how the post match logistics turned out.

I found out my colleague was forced back onto a bus to SJP and had to metro it back to South Tyneside afterwards. He had asked the coppers about the metro, and was told in no uncertain terms "you're getting on that bus, now". So tbh I've no idea why there was such a big police presence at northbound SoL metro afterwards, unless someone knows better.

I went in the “posh seats” on a work ST at Sid James for my one and only visit. Our room (meal / drinks / snacks included in ticket) was about 80% Sunderland. Kevin Ball came round and did the ex player talk. I didn‘t need to worry about getting slapped because we lost 3-0 iirc. Not sure I would have jumped about if we scored anyway. It was still a bit edgy in the seats around the padded ones.
So they gave us their bar first? HA!

Back