Will having to use ID for just about everything become a thing in the near future?

I changed my mobile carrier the other week so went armed with two bills and photo ID. Went through digitally signing all the forms with my home details etc and paid £20 up front cost with my company credit card. Not once was I asked for any ID which really surprised me.

I was in Kathmandu last November and wanted a Nepali SIM for my phone, before I was allowed to buy one I had to give my fingerprints :eek: and a photocopy of my passport, the world is changing, no provision for credit cards however, everything was a cash transaction.

Someone I know knew someone who was given a trial ID card. It had a barcode on it for some reason so they decided to scan it in a self serving checkout.
Turns out his mate was a Muller Fruit Corner

Yes, it's fucked , anything with a bar code.
We won’t have physical money by then. Everything will be by card or phone, which will have your biometrics on anyway. No more cash in hand jobs or begging.

Yep, and about a million illegal immigrants will be exposed...no ID...no food. Like everything else it's coming to a head, rationing of essentials..electric, food, travel etc.

Last edited:
Yes, it's fucked , anything with a bar code.

Yep, and about a million illegal immigrants will be exposed...no ID...no food. Like everything else it's coming to a head, rationing of essentials..electric, food, travel etc.
Tbf if you were in government you’d think it was a great idea. Lots more lovely tax.

Back