Will Grigg and the mighty Swindon.

Without sounding like and arse, but if he doesn't want to be at Sunderland, why would he want to be at Swindon. It's just confirming his career is out of control and to be honest the way he's been playing, this could easily be the end of him.

He offers absolutely nothing and has no positive attributes at all that i can think of.

Player plays well at one club, moves elsewhere and it doesn't work, leaves and then finds his form again. It's football, it's happened a million times before and it'll happen a million times in the future.

Think of the amount of players who have struggled here or were criticised by the time they left and are now playing in higher divisions.

So was Eoin Doyle mate.
Will be a season long loan if anything with you paying the vast majority of his wages. Everyone’s a winner :)
Especially if you get him firing. We might be able to claw a small fee back for him. It’s never going to work for him here so we have nothing to lose. Can you get him firing again? I m not so sure, something just doesn’t look right with him. Maybe just a severe lack of confidence.

under 2 different managers aswell
just not interested, doesnt want to be here, disgraceful really

I think there's more to it than that personally. The system Ross used meant our build ups were so ponderous that we always faced an organised defence by the time we got to the opposition box. The one game Grigg played under Parky where we attacked was Tranmere and he scored. Subsequent to that and culminating in the Burton game the ball was aimed at his head constantly. I'd love to see him stay and be used as a sub under our new tactics. I'd be very confident he'd score 6+ goals between now and the season's end.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened to the lad here, I would love to see him come good at your place on loan and get his shooting boots on then return

If anyone can get him on fire again Wellens is the Man.
Eion doyle doesnt seem to have hit the ground running back at Bradford...

He won’t. They play the long ball, his heart is in Wiltshire and our attacking style suits him to the ground.
Saturday was rather ironic as he missed sitter at Crawley only a matter of a few weeks back on the same ground he smashed home a hat trick.

Last edited:
It will go on for a bit mate. Who pays what and all that

I think so and without doubt we still want the Ginger Pele back.

My thoughts are that Grigg may come for the rest of the season to find his confidence at a club that creates loads of chances and is pushing for promotion.
Will return at the end of the season and if we did get promotion we will try and get a deal done with Doyle who will then be a free agent. We won’t be the only club in the running though.
For us all about getting up and taking stock on what we have and a budget that will not be breached.
If Grigg did come to Swindon without doubt you will be paying the majority of his wages. Like Bradford he is your player and it’s your decision not ours.

What I can tell you is that the atmosphere at Swindon is up there with the best. An amazing dressing room and everyone gets on superbly.
Wellens has created that togetherness and you can see it. He ripped out the problem players and deadwood pre season.

If he is still commuting from the North West now, how is moving to Swindon going to make him feel less homesick?

Robbie Savage qualification in Geography
If anyone can get him on fire again Wellens is the Man.

He won’t. They play the long ball, his heart is in Wiltshire and our attacking style suits him to the ground.
Saturday was rather ironic as he missed sitter at Crawley only a matter of a few weeks back on the same ground he smashed home a hat trick.

Have you got your song ready?

"Your defence are all chilled out cos Will Griggs been extinguished"

Last edited:
I think so and without doubt we still want the Ginger Pele back.

My thoughts are that Grigg may come for the rest of the season to find his confidence at a club that creates loads of chances and is pushing for promotion.
Will return at the end of the season and if we did get promotion we will try and get a deal done with Doyle who will then be a free agent. We won’t be the only club in the running though.
For us all about getting up and taking stock on what we have and a budget that will not be breached.
If Grigg did come to Swindon without doubt you will be paying the majority of his wages. Like Bradford he is your player and it’s your decision not ours.

What I can tell you is that the atmosphere at Swindon is up there with the best. An amazing dressing room and everyone gets on superbly.
Wellens has created that togetherness and you can see it. He ripped out the problem players and deadwood pre season.
The last player you want is a moping Grigg

Player plays well at one club, moves elsewhere and it doesn't work, leaves and then finds his form again. It's football, it's happened a million times before and it'll happen a million times in the future.

Think of the amount of players who have struggled here or were criticised by the time they left and are now playing in higher divisions.
There is a tinge of a downward spiral here though.
2016 Will Grigg is on fire and is part of the EIRE squad at the Euros.
2018 he can't get into WIgan's Championship side.
2019 he signs for L1 Sunderland. Bombs massively.
2020 signs for L2 Swindon?

Don't see it myself

Back