Will events be called off?

As title suggests will London/Manchester marathons be under threat or do we think they'll be ok and not cancelled. Not panicking just yet but becomming concerned with just one more long training run for Manchester and thinking may have wasted my time. Am i just being a massive fanny or am i justified in my worrying? Thoughts

Im running London and I reckon it will be postponed or cancelled. I know they have worries about people turning up and running the course anyway, but I just can’t see the authorities allowing a million people to turn out for the event.

Got my marathon in two weeks but there’s only 800 runners and I don’t think it’s even sold out. Doubt something that small will be cancelled. Be gutted if it was like

Sadly Manchester is off, along with London. Now wondering if Pier to Pier and Sunderland will go ahead. May is a long way off but we may well just be seeing a start to restrictions. I'll now switch from training for long distance to running more frequequently and getting back with running club and hoping the summer season isn't effected too much.

Got my marathon in two weeks but there’s only 800 runners and I don’t think it’s even sold out. Doubt something that small will be cancelled. Be gutted if it was like
I love the low key events... Plenty of them.. But sadly overlooked by runners chasing the big events.. Hope you get a pb and enjoy the day... Good luck

The Events Of The North team have made the decision this morning after consulting with Sunderland City Council to postpone the Sunderland City Runs in light of the current situation with COVID-19. The events will now take place on the 26th & 27th September 2020

The Events Of The North team have made the decision this morning after consulting with Sunderland City Council to postpone the Sunderland City Runs in light of the current situation with COVID-19. The events will now take place on the 26th & 27th September 2020
Seems like a bit of a early call for me, its 2 months away.

Seems like a bit of a early call for me, its 2 months away.
There are a lot of costs involved with big events like this. I know from first hand experience recently (not sport related though) that traffic management costs for a big event can be astronomical, especially where road closures etc are involved.

It’s better to cancel now with only the planning costs incurred (which can be refreshed for the rearranged date for minimal cost) than to incur costs in relation to the event, lose them and have to pay them again in September.

Back