Will Durham win in 2020?

You'd think surely they'll win at some point. T20 is much more of a coin flip than longer formats.

I'm instinctively skeptical of someone like Franklin, because as a player he had bucketloads of talent but seemed to go backwards from the early to mid 20s. Surely you'd want someone who had less talent but used their brain and work ethic to make the most out of themselves?

This. Sure well fluke a T20 win. Especially with Behardian coming in, only takes one great knock by him or Lees or Bedingham and you can win in T20

Is Behardien available for the red ball game?

On topic - we’ll win a couple, possibly 3. We’ll be alright lads, keep the faith and see what next year brings. I don’t buy into the lack of local talent angle, we’ve got a good number of lads gaining good experience now and aslong as they don’t get completely demoralised mentally - you learn more from losing ;)

Is Behardien available for the red ball game?

On topic - we’ll win a couple, possibly 3. We’ll be alright lads, keep the faith and see what next year brings. I don’t buy into the lack of local talent angle, we’ve got a good number of lads gaining good experience now and aslong as they don’t get completely demoralised mentally - you learn more from losing ;)
:lol:

Given the random nature of T20, yes. Plus the other Saffer has arrived.

Raine and Coughlin are both local lads, with Lees, Eckersley, Carse, Rushy it's a decent core. If Beddingham and Bancroft come back next year, plus the other Saffer, it's got the shape of a good side. Something's wrong there at the minute mind, it doesn't look like any of the lads tried this season are going to make it and I cannot understand why they haven't given Trev a run.

That’s one local (Cumbria is fine by me) youth prospect in that list though. Debatably Carse too. Yes the likes of Burnham havent produced but people will have a lot more patience with lads like him failing as at least it fits with the DCCC ‘mission statement’ of trying local talent.

The worst possible combination is being shite with four/ five overseas players in each game, which is the case at present.

Back