Will companies want workers to work at home when covid has disappeared?

A question for the WFH lot.
Do you find yourself doing more or less work now?

the reason I ask is there’s a lass at work and she says she’s working way harder now than ever before

Last edited:

the reason I ask is there’s a lass at work and she says she’s working way harder now than ever before
I feel like I'm working harder but producing less. There's no concept of a break in my working day now. Once I'm not working I'm doing something with the kids or the house. Lots of distractions and too much noise.

I feel like I'm working harder but producing less. There's no concept of a break in my working day now. Once I'm not working I'm doing something with the kids or the house. Lots of distractions and too much noise.
That would play a huge part.
It feels like you’d never be able to separate the 2

I'm sick of the hewwer now like. Hoping we open our office up in the next few weeks so I can go back in. Will not be looking to wfh for any more than a day a week in future, it is shit, especially when you're really busy, really struggle to be as efficient as when sat at the desk in the office.

The CEO of a company I work with has described working from home as evil. Basically he reckons 80% of his staff are doing naff all and taking the piss. He wants them back in the office ASAP.

Slightly more I think, although I have the odd day when I feel like I've done nothing. I think because I'm trusted just to crack on, I get on and do my graft. When I was in the office I would take the full hour for lunch to go for a walk but I probably take a bit less now.
Similarly I tend to work slightly over my full day each day where in the office I was keen to get out for the earlier Metro that wouldn't be as busy.
I'm quite strict at logging off and switching my phone off though. Once I'm finished, I'm finished.

The CEO of a company I work with has described working from home as evil. Basically he reckons 80% of his staff are doing naff all and taking the piss. He wants them back in the office ASAP.
And hows does he know they don't do that in the office?

I know 2 people who have been told they're working from home permanently now. So some businesses seem to be moving that way.

Dont think the company I work for will do this though for me anyway as I've been in the office the whole time

I am working much harder and longer than normal but I feel that our bosses hold the same bastard views.

Yes a fortune
Horses for courses, we own our building so no rents just running costs. It houses 400 people .

it’s will definitely increase but not as much as people may hope .

for most it’s also nit an option, just white collar workers

im working just as hard but getting less done as communicating is not as efficient .

rather than pop to someone desk, you have to schedule a call as invariably they are already on a call.

it can be a pain

this, very challenging . Get up, start work, Male Bairns breakfast , work, Male her dinner , work, nip to shop , work,normal faultless chores . Fuck it’s 5 , not done what need to...done an extra hour which don’t get paid for and stressed to fick.

also ate 12 Kit Kat’s and a fat mess

Last edited:
Horses for courses, we own our building so no rents just running costs. It houses 400 people .

it’s will definitely increase but not as much as people may hope .

for most it’s also nit an option, just white collar workers

im working just as hard but getting less done as communicating is not as efficient .

rather than pop to someone desk, you have to schedule a call as invariably they are already on a call.

it can be a pain

this, very challenging . Get up, start work, Male Bairns breakfast , work, Male her dinner , work, nip to shop , work,normal faultless chores . Fuck it’s 5 , not done what need to...done an extra hour which don’t get paid for and stressed to fick.

also ate 12 Kit Kat’s and a fat mess

fricking auto suggests

Would you be scared to chuckle while I’m in the room?
On a night out with work, I have a laugh as much as the next guy.

I don’t spend all day avoiding work by chatting to work colleagues.

it’s all about the balance, some people don’t have the right balance.

I spend all day at work chatting and then all my social life chatting too. And guess what? People don't think I'm a dull f***ing robot!

I'm currently busier than I have been in months. Partly because we're just really busy, but there is also more of a feeling that you need to be contactable and I'm finishing later because there isn't that defined stop that you get from packing up and leaving the office.

Back