Wigan top, Wyke with a brace....

He’s still absolutely shite. I’m more concerned about MK Dons than Wigan. Seem to be getting people back fit too.

Not a chance a team with Max Power and Charlie Wyke finishes above us. They probably teed him up today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigan are contenders, no doubt, they ve had a great weekend so what ?
Before the seasons over we will have great weekends, Wigan will so will the other teams at the top.
It’s what makes football so addictive.
The league hasn’t even taken shape yet.
Plenty of teams will make their mark before the end of the season.

Don't know if they've overstretched with some of the contracts handed out given their very modest income but they have some good players for this level, that includes power and wyke - though I'm pleased they aren't still on our books.

They always strike me as a good club to play for. Like you could relax and get on with your game without too much pressure. Whereas at Sunderland and Newcastle, so many people absolute live and breathe football in the area, it must be quite daunting for players in comparison to turning out for Wigan. So when you think about it they have the budget of a big club (at this level) without the weight of expectation that comes with it. Recipe for success... we'll see.

This board man 😂 you will have an entire thread laughing at Wyke because he missed a sitter, then another that’s full of doom-mongers because he finally notched a couple. We will be alright man fuck them lot. Remember, Power is atrocious

Don't know if they've overstretched with some of the contracts handed out given their very modest income but they have some good players for this level, that includes power and wyke - though I'm pleased they aren't still on our books.

They always strike me as a good club to play for. Like you could relax and get on with your game without too much pressure. Whereas at Sunderland and Newcastle, so many people absolute live and breathe football in the area, it must be quite daunting for players in comparison to turning out for Wigan. So when you think about it they have the budget of a big club (at this level) without the weight of expectation that comes with it. Recipe for success... we'll see.
I agree with this take Wyke for instance not had the best start goal scoring but has contributed to the team Wigan fans can see this and always give him encouragement. Which has resulted in the goals he got today I suspect Sunderland fans wouldn’t have been so understanding

I agree with this take Wyke for instance not had the best start goal scoring but has contributed to the team Wigan fans can see this and always give him encouragement. Which has resulted in the goals he got today I suspect Sunderland fans wouldn’t have been so understanding

We are having him back for our art gallery

He's going to be the Still Life exhibit

Wyke, Power and the rest of the Wigan lads who used to play here aren't bad footballers, they got us in and around a promotion spot so it's no real suprise. I think over the course of the season though we will be the strongest side and go up as champions.

they got us second with games in hand and bottled it

In his first two seasons Wyke was terrible but still got a hell of a lot of good will from the fans.

We are actually quite a forgiving fan base when it comes to players. Aslong as we can see they are giving 100% and shying away we will back them.
This notion that we are constantly on players back is a myth.

He came in after injury first season here and was dogshit, both him and Grigg after Maja left.

Grigg was shit and eventually left out, Wyke couldn't score in a brothel, but because he battled for us he got his name sang week in week out and he came out and thanked the fans for it.

So thanks for your incorrect opinion and you're f***ing welcome to him.

Last edited:

Back