Wigan paying players late

Nee income since 23 April (last home game)?
league one prize money?
I’d be worried if a small company with half a dozen employees were late paying there wages once. A big employer like a football club paying late twice in quick succession means 100% they are having cash flow problems.
absolutely..i worked somewhere once that always "only just" made payroll..point is they made it though...there are a variety of short term options to make paty roll on time even for harum scarum outfits..a football club should have no trouble

league one prize money?

absolutely..i worked somewhere once that always "only just" made payroll..point is they made it though...there are a variety of short term options to make paty roll on time even for harum scarum outfits..a football club should have no trouble
Probably owed more to the players in promotion bonuses

league one prize money?

Is there prize money for league placing, can't remember hearing about this previously and be interested to know what amounts are on offer.

I understand that, but I just can’t see how it’s remotely fair that you can simultaneously only owe creditors (other businesses with as much right to solvency as yours) 25/35% of what you agreed to and also start offering daft wages to new players.

I’d say there should be a transfer embargo and wage cap until all debts are paid and you can start in the conference.

There's a points deduction if the creditors aren't paid, and the EFL will want to see evidence of repayment proposals as part of the business plan before it allows the deal. Derby will also be under transfer and wage restrictions for a period (effectively limited to free transfers with a salary limit). Demotion to the Conference is really a non-starter; no one will take on a team at a price the administrators will accept if they have to start at that level.

I know this rhetoric is your “thing” here but scanning this thread I can only see you referring to Wigan as tinpot?
My 'thing' 😁.
Sorry if nobody actually used the term 'tinpot' (for a change) , but I'd say 'nothing club' and 'noddy club' isn't particularly complimentary.

So MacLean, Wyke, Power, Keane etc won't be on big money (and bonuses)?
Will Keane was a crock and nobody wanted him, which is why he ended up with us. McClean had a big pay off from Stoke to reduce the wages we paid for him. I’ve no doubt they’ll be on decent bonuses and so they should be too. It would’ve been all part of the proof of funding for two years which had to be done to exit administration.

Are you an ostrich?
Refer back up to the start. I think it’s amateurish at best what’s gone on. There are certain restrictions on clubs coming out of administration though, it’s not just the flick of a switch and everything is ok. My argument back to you would be, are you aware of the full details or are you just surmising I’m delighted? All wages have been paid today so we are 4 weeks/a month away from seeing if the current ownership have been economical with the truth.

There's a points deduction if the creditors aren't paid, and the EFL will want to see evidence of repayment proposals as part of the business plan before it allows the deal. Derby will also be under transfer and wage restrictions for a period (effectively limited to free transfers with a salary limit). Demotion to the Conference is really a non-starter; no one will take on a team at a price the administrators will accept if they have to start at that level.
If there are restrictions in place they don’t seem particularly meaningful given the way Wigan have been spending.

And I dont care what anyone says, operating and spending money in large sums when you failed to pay your debts to creditors in full is deeply unfair.

Refer back up to the start. I think it’s amateurish at best what’s gone on. There are certain restrictions on clubs coming out of administration though, it’s not just the flick of a switch and everything is ok. My argument back to you would be, are you aware of the full details or are you just surmising I’m delighted? All wages have been paid today so we are 4 weeks/a month away from seeing if the current ownership have been economical with the truth.
Even if next month is fine... there's clearly been an issue this summer. You should be asking why, these explanations are nondifferent to what Bolton and erby were trotting out at first.

You're also sticking to the 'give these players' a chance line. Is there any money even available for transfers?

Look skint to me.

Even if next month is fine... there's clearly been an issue this summer. You're also sticking to the 'give these players' a chance line. Is there any money even available for transfers?
they might...but are they on more than
mcgeady, pritchard, evans were for us?
I think wyke and power will be on more than Evans, 100%. I also doubt we were paying Pritchard the reported 13k that Wigan are for wyke.

Back