WiFi speeds

Dave Herbal

Striker
I’ve been suffering from duff WiFi speed for a while. I contacted Sky and an engineer came out and gave me a new router, but said the problem was outside. Openreach engineer came out and did something, and the problem is now marked as fixed.

The Sky service checker is reporting a speed into the router of 40 mbps, but I’m sitting 2 metres from it and getting 0.2 on my phone. I’ve got a pc plugged into a power line network and that’s reporting 0.5
How can the speeds be so low if the speed into it is so high???

I’ve been suffering from duff WiFi speed for a while. I contacted Sky and an engineer came out and gave me a new router, but said the problem was outside. Openreach engineer came out and did something, and the problem is now marked as fixed.

The Sky service checker is reporting a speed into the router of 40 mbps, but I’m sitting 2 metres from it and getting 0.2 on my phone. I’ve got a pc plugged into a power line network and that’s reporting 0.5
How can the speeds be so low if the speed into it is so high???

Had similar a while back.
Try turning it off for a minute and see if it works a bit faster. In the end we just went to the super fast because some days it was fine others it was terrible.
Have you got it in a place where there's nothing blocking the signal? Tried plugging the computer directly into the router to see if it is a signal issue?

Openreach only guarantee it to the point of entry into your house. Therefore you have to plug the router (especially sky routers) into the main socket ie the one that goes into address. I had the exact issue with sky.

At least you got a guy from Sky to come out, I'm with VM and because every things fine and dandy at their end they won't send any one out.

Good job my contracts up in September, they can stuff it were the sun don't shine:lol:

At least you got a guy from Sky to come out, I'm with VM and because every things fine and dandy at their end they won't send any one out.

Good job my contracts up in September, they can stuff it were the sun don't shine:lol:
Virgin came straight out and supplied me a new router a few months ago.

Log into your router and change ya channel from automatic to either 1, 6 or 11. Try all 3.

Type this into your web browser - 192.168.0.1

Ya username is admin and ya password is sky

We had issues with our Sky internet. Once it was an Openreach issue because of the age of the cabling coming into the house, but once it was a clapped out phone socket inside the house from what I recall (I wasn't here when the guy came round so going on what my husband tells me).

Back