Wife earlier

Came down a slip road onto the M8 a few years back.....straight into the fast lane. Was convinced I was about to die horribly, but it turns out it's one of only two or three slip roads that join a motorway in outside lane..
Not a nice experience.
Probably the one coming east from Great Western Road on to M8, I remember thinking wtf the first time I came along there

My sister gave me a lift to the airport once. Wrong way around two roundabouts, wrong lane for half a dozen others. Took us most of the journey to explain how to use them. Fastest I've ever drank 3 pints after I checked in.
My lass is always in the wrong lane at roundabouts, always in the right hand lane for going straight over, and then kicks off when she gets tooted at for cutting people off.

Central motorway in Newcastle has a slip road which joins the outside lane. It's not a comfortable experience if you're not used to it.
Is that going towards the airport from the coast road?

As you come north down past the Angel and go past team valley, the 3 lanes start.

The number of people who come up the slip road in lane 1, which continues to the Metro Centre, who indicate right and force their way into lane two is mental. They have about 3 miles to merge, but feel that if they don't barrel across into lane 2 that they're going to enter up in Swalwell or summat.

Same happens southbound with people joining the A1 from the Metro Centre as soon as they're down the slip road they're forcing their way across.

One of my many commuting peeves.

As you come north down past the Angel and go past team valley, the 3 lanes start.

The number of people who come up the slip road in lane 1, which continues to the Metro Centre, who indicate right and force their way into lane two is mental. They have about 3 miles to merge, but feel that if they don't barrel across into lane 2 that they're going to enter up in Swalwell or summat.

Same happens southbound with people joining the A1 from the Metro Centre as soon as they're down the slip road they're forcing their way across.

Same on the A66 heading into Middlesbrough where the A19 joins. Idiots everywhere.

My lass is always in the wrong lane at roundabouts, always in the right hand lane for going straight over, and then kicks off when she gets tooted at for cutting people off.
She was fine after that one whiteknuckle ride Tbf.

She learnt to drive when working at a holiday park in rural Wales, there weren't any roundabouts. Bought a car here and was shit with them. :lol:

I witnessed this. I was also at the gym, lifting shed loads and getting geet load of pics for the gram. Next thing I sees, Breadstick Arms aka @Chicken Kiev bails early again in his Yaris and starts getting roid rage at this young lassie at the round about who's a learner driver, just sat parked up speaking to her mam. Mental.

Never seen breadsticks with a girth of 18 inches before me like, just saying

So what is your hobby?

You drive (to and) from the gym??

Why aye, live castletown but train at the Barnes 3 times a week and X4L 3 times a week!

Last edited:
i presume no one here has ever ever ever made a mistake whilst driving before (perhaps on unfamiliar roads).
We all make loads. It's how you react when confronted with unfamiliar circumstances that is the problem in a lot of cases. Be aware, check all four quarters all the time - then if something goes wrong you know which direction is safe to move into. And my f***ing God, the women doing the school run in a Qashqai that assume four wheel drive means you can drive as fast as you want on an icy road...

Been teaching my 18 year old daughter (no) for over a year. Fails to give way at a roundabout at least once every lesson. Any sort of complex junction and she doesn't have a clue.

Funny thing is when it comes to her younger sister (no) learning I get the feeling she'll have no issues.

Last edited:
there's two northbound, shieldfield & the coast road - presume the latter is the one most know... joining the right lane southbound from the haymarket is the most awkward i reckon...

That is the one, it's underground/cover iirc.

This explains why I increasingly take anticipatory precautionary evasive measures whenever traffic joins a dual carriageway or motorway I’m already driving on. There appears to be a whole load of people who think they have a right of way and want to just drive into the space I’m already occupying at 70 mph. Oblivious.
You can avoid this issue by simply never using the inside lane.

Know where you mean.
Similar leaving hartlepool near shell garage. Theyve changed lanes at next roundabout = right lane to collieries n left to a19/hart. Result is stupid old twats immediately getting in ‘their’ lane then rolling along a dual carriageway at 20mph like a rolling fecking roadblock.

Back