Wide Angle Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalmöMakem

Midfield
Trying to create a reasonable rounded lens collection and looking at picking up a wide angle lens. Just wondered what people use, what they recommend etc.

Price isn't so much of an issue as i'm investing a bit of money into my kit now. Obviously not looking at anything over 1k for now as it will be beyond my current level of ability.

I have had a look at the Tokina 11-16 and Ive noticed a few people seem to rate tokina lenses.

Any suggestions welcome. I'll mainly be using it for buildings when away on city breaks. In Frankfurt next month so might get something before then.

Cheers

Trying to create a reasonable rounded lens collection and looking at picking up a wide angle lens. Just wondered what people use, what they recommend etc.

Price isn't so much of an issue as i'm investing a bit of money into my kit now. Obviously not looking at anything over 1k for now as it will be beyond my current level of ability.

I have had a look at the Tokina 11-16 and Ive noticed a few people seem to rate tokina lenses.

Any suggestions welcome. I'll mainly be using it for buildings when away on city breaks. In Frankfurt next month so might get something before then.

Cheers

You need the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 zoom lens (canon fit)

Just so happens I'm selling mine :lol:

Interested?

I've got the tokina 11-16mm. Gonna try get work to buy a canon 17mm tilt and shift, of they agree ill probably sell my tokie

Think I've posted my views of the Toki elsewhere. It's a good lens, but a pain in the arse for night time shots on account of coma and shallow depth of field at f2.8. The Samyang 14mm is a much sharper lens, and a snip at 275 or thereabouts. Trouble is it's manual.

You need the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 zoom lens (canon fit)

Just so happens I'm selling mine :lol:

Interested?

already got the 28-75 tamron f2.8 so reasonably covered in that area. So looking at something under 20mm.

I've got the tokina 11-16mm. Gonna try get work to buy a canon 17mm tilt and shift, of they agree ill probably sell my tokie

Let me know if you do mate

Think I've posted my views of the Toki elsewhere. It's a good lens, but a pain in the arse for night time shots on account of coma and shallow depth of field at f2.8. The Samyang 14mm is a much sharper lens, and a snip at 275 or thereabouts. Trouble is it's manual.

Good points. love my night shots. Wanted something wider than my tamron 28-75 in Berlin for the buildings. Also interested in getting some good night sky shots. I think it was you who posted the shots from over iceland? really enjoyed them and always wanted to learn a bit more about how to get shots like that.

And for a mk.III

Just remind me of what you shoot again? I forget who does what on here. I'm presuming you are a professional TOG as buying a MK3 for just a hobby is well... a little extravagant :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back