Why would anyone be a prison officer?

But that’s what I don’t get. We all looked at that post and thought the same but why stay there?

He didn't.

After 2 years he divorced and had to move to England because he was in fear for his life after all the terrorists were released under the terms of The Good Friday Agreement.

He didn't.

After 2 years he divorced and had to move to England because he was in fear for his life after all the terrorists were released under the terms of The Good Friday Agreement.
Why? Was he a twat with them? Have read books about that place and it was like a holiday camp ran by the likes of Adair. As far as I’ve read the screws had to play along. Seems odd that they’d pick on screws.

Can’t be surely. There’s plenty jobs pay the same without any of the grief they get. I could understand if they were getting well paid but they get half what they should do.

Fuck knars mate. It isn't a job I would apply for. My jobs crap but the chances of me getting a good hiding at work are small. Our lass is a copper like and doesn't like going into the prisons for appointments.

Why? Was he a twat with them? Have read books about that place and it was like a holiday camp ran by the likes of Adair. As far as I’ve read the screws had to play along. Seems odd that they’d pick on screws.

He'd be in Belfast shopping with his lass and convicted murderers and bombers would be shouting his name. He became paranoid and wouldn't leave the house.

Fuck me. Do you think they would have done him over like or was it just he was scarred by the whole thing?

I doubt it but you'd always have that worry in the back of your mind.

He was never cut out for the job in the first place, too mild mannered. I used to meet him when he was out with the other POs and he stuck out like a sore thumb. They were probably more psychotic than the inmates!

The thing with prisoners, is that they can't escape long periods of being stuck with just their own thoughts. Even if the people overlooking a prisoner haven't done anything directly to them (so aside from instances of the POs dishing out beatings etc), some people can't avoid building resentment towards them when dwelling on whether their misses is getting her back blown out off somebody else, is another bloke around the kids etc. Ultimately they lock and unlock the doors, so any sort of off the cuff joke might not sit well with somebody who's potentially thinking about that conservation until his door is next unlocked.

I doubt it but you'd always have that worry in the back of your mind.

He was never cut out for the job in the first place, too mild mannered. I used to meet him when he was out with the other POs and he stuck out like a sore thumb. They were probably more psychotic than the inmates!
Fair enough. Must have been a f***ing mental place that. Sure I read someone had a dog in there.
The thing with prisoners, is that they can't escape long periods of being stuck with just their own thoughts. Even if the people overlooking a prisoner haven't done anything directly to them (so aside from instances of the POs dishing out beatings etc), some people can't avoid building resentment towards them when dwelling on whether their misses is getting her back blown out off somebody else, is another bloke around the kids etc. Ultimately they lock and unlock the doors, so any sort of off the cuff joke might not sit well with somebody who's potentially thinking about that conservation until his door is next unlocked.
Aye that makes sense like. Not your average prison that though

Back