Why would anyone be a prison officer?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Just watching a show now and it’s saying an officer is attacked every hour in this country.

Lass on saying she gets shit thrown at her, spat at, hit, threatened, abused etc.

Watching these fuckers (inmates) here and the way they go on I can not understand why people doing that job keep doing it. It must get to you having to be in that atmosphere day in day out. Had a look at their wages too and couldn’t believe how badly they’re paid. Absolutely disgraceful that. They deserve a medal putting up with all that man.

Just watching a show now and it’s saying an officer is attacked every hour in this country.

Lass on saying she gets shit thrown at her, spat at, hit, threatened, abused etc.

Watching these fuckers (inmates) here and the way they go on I can not understand why people doing that job keep doing it. It must get to you having to be in that atmosphere day in day out. Had a look at their wages too and couldn’t believe how badly they’re paid. Absolutely disgraceful that. They deserve a medal putting up with all that man.
Christ only knows. I couldn't do it tho. Disgraceful they aren't paid a heck of a lot more with far better terms and conditions.

Christ only knows. I couldn't do it tho. Disgraceful they aren't paid a heck of a lot more with far better terms and conditions.
Nah I couldn’t either. I was thinking maybe it’s a younguns thing but there are women and men in there older than me been in the game all their lives. Can’t get my head around it. Feel really sorry for them.

I did all the tests years ago and got told in my final interview when I would be starting. I had my final interview for Nissan the day after. I wanted the Prison Officer's job so turned up to my Nissan interview pissed out of my box and spewed up on the grass outside the main entrance. I got the Nissan job and was turned down by the Prison Service on Home Office advice :oops:

£20k starting wage innit? f***ing disgrace.
That’s what I read yeah. Practically minimum wage to put up with all that. Should be double that.
I did all the tests years ago and got told in my final interview when I would be starting. I had my final interview for Nissan the day after. I wanted the Prison Officer's job so turned up to my Nissan interview pissed out of my box and spewed up on the grass outside the main entrance. I got the Nissan job and was turned down by the Prison Service on Home Office advice :oops:
Watching this you inadvertently made the right choice. I’d much rather Nissan.

Last edited:
That’s what I read yeah. Practically minimum wage to put up with all that. Should be double that.

I left Nissan years ago. It felt like a prison sentence itself :lol:. I've definitely made the right choice.
There are loads of reasons why people enlist, including:

- a chance to supply drugs to make some extra coin.
- more chance of having sex.
- the power trip of wearing a uniform.
I never thought of that. Could have done all three at the same time :D:lol:

Last edited:

How they don’t bray fuck out of them when they get potted is beyond me.

Conversely, another way of looking at that is, a prisoner gets the absolute living shit kicked out of him or her every hour by several prison officers.

Back