Why the BBC matters

Massively incorrect…less than 20% are in Manchester…more than 80% in London.

Did you just guess?

Just ignored the fact you were bullshitting about Manchester then?
No, but its better than it used to be. I would keep the BBC completely even it was fully based in London and it enhances my life massively. I listen to 5 live most days for a fair few hours and even listen to it overnight as I am a poor sleeper. I would be lost without it and I supsect there are millions like me.

Don't let this hateful right wing government remove one of lifes little pleasures purely because they can't control it like they do the printed press.

Its a few quid a week and adds huge quodos to this countries reputation. I would happily pay triple.

It WAS a wake to 48% of the electorate and still is. The BEEB have to strike a balance and if they were not eating cake, dancing and setting off party poppers that night then they probably got it spot on. Just a thought.

On the plus side, I am a few weeks away from officially regaining both my EU nationality and my freedom of movement. You can never have enough freedoms;)

Last edited:
I don't like the BBC or it's bias and won't fund it. Those who like "auntie beeb" keep telling me it's great value and cheap at twice the price. I'm sure they won't mind paying double the money in that case.

I would encourage anyone who has a problem with the BBC to spend some time watching TV in the USA.

Every single frame has some form of advert. You get far less actual television, you're watching adverts half the time. Also the programmes that are commissioned are chock full of product placement. Everything is designed around persuading you to buy something.

Like all good things the BBC will only truly be appreciated when it's gone and you have Fox News lasered into your brain 24hrs a day and we all become commercial zombies like the yanks.
Take paradise
Put up a parking lot.

Amen to that @mux

Back