Why joy division are the greatest

I'd highly recommend the books that Peter Hook wrote about Joy Divison and New Order. Substance in particular is a fascinating insight into the band and all the shenanigans of the time.

I'd highly recommend the books that Peter Hook wrote about Joy Divison and New Order. Substance in particular is a fascinating insight into the band and all the shenanigans of the time.
Steve Morris's are much better imho... Hooky's are chock full of stories he ends with needless to say I had the last laugh or something similar

Saw Peter Hook at the Boiler House (room?) In Newcastle a couple of weeks back. Played both JD albums through plus NO stuff and JD singles. Absolutely fantastic.

Pity the way it ended between Hooky and Barny though.

Yeah, I was there too. Class sound and atmosphere although he looked pretty knackered by the end of it.

Noticed peaky blinders and mainstream started to appreciate Atmosphere, you’ve heard it, and disorder which quite brilliant. Love will tear us apart, my favourite tune. Long version New Order, Temptation, oh she’s got green eyes. Trainspotting anyone. Hooky even produced Elephant Stone. Deserve some love
Brilliant isn’t it, remember long version of temptation, you can keep your blue Monday’s for me.
Got Goosebumps at the beginning of atmosphere there like

I was at the Boiler Shop for Peter Hook the other week.

Got to say, New Order appeal to me more than Joy Division appeal to me more than Joy Division. The full Joy Division albums become a bit of a slog for me. That said, I need to delve a bit more into the New Order back catalogue as I’m sure there’s more I haven’t discovered yet.

Listened to this about a year ago. Topper

Transmissions: The Definitive Story of Joy Division & New Order Transmissions: The Definitive Story of Joy Division & New Order - Google Search

Love both bands music. Unfortunately New Orders lyrics verge on nursery school stuff in comparison to Joy Divisions Oxbridge pontificating. Barney wad nivver have written lyrics good enough to oust any of Curtis from JD albums if Curtis had lived. That’s all the proof needed to cement JD into the top spot.

Love both bands music. Unfortunately New Orders lyrics verge on nursery school stuff in comparison to Joy Divisions Oxbridge pontificating. Barney wad nivver have written lyrics good enough to oust any of Curtis from JD albums if Curtis had lived. That’s all the proof needed to cement JD into the top spot.
Fuck that like. Im not one for stroking my chin working out lyrics. Turn it up to eleven & give it six nowt man

^^^^^^^
This.

I think its something that even Barney has acknowledged in the past to be fair. Ian was fantastic lyricist and singer who wasn't going to be matched. Saying that, I find some of New Orders music makes some great singalong music such as Temptation, Regret and Your Silent Face.

Back