Why James McClean will never wear a poppy – and nobody else should be made to, either - The Independant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye can follow but whats it got to do with james mclean being a wanker
So, in your own time, answer the question then.

When would you become French and support the French forces that murdered your neighbours just a generation above you?

It really isn't a difficult question.

So, in your own time, answer the question then.

When would you become French and support the French forces that murdered your neighbours just a generation above you?

It really isn't a difficult question.
I can see what you are driving at but I wont be drawn in, the prick didnt become british he was born there and so were his parents he chose to take the nationality of another country, so what.
We have had many great players at our club from ROI and NI, the King for instance didnt have any issues, Billy Bingham,more recently JOS didnt see him having an issue with wearing a poppy and same as the prick were quite happy to play for english teams and take a wage.Flannagan,Grigg and McLaughlin no issues.
Its a pity that mcleans fame will not be because of his footballing expoilts just him being a silly prick.
Viv la France,merde vous, le boudin

I can see what you are driving at but I wont be drawn in, the prick didnt become british he was born there and so were his parents he chose to take the nationality of another country, so what.
We have had many great players at our club from ROI and NI, the King for instance didnt have any issues, Billy Bingham,more recently JOS didnt see him having an issue with wearing a poppy and same as the prick were quite happy to play for english teams and take a wage.Flannagan,Grigg and McLaughlin no issues.
Its a pity that mcleans fame will not be because of his footballing expoilts just him being a silly prick.

So you refuse to answer the question? I think we all know why.

So stop being silly.

None of them are from Derry though.

None of them are from Derry though.
You posted this last few years man, haway i will play, you mean Londonderry?
I meant the players you listed are not from Derry where is JM is and the part of the city where he is from is close to where Bloody Sunday occurred.
This when people were wearing slates?
Think you are a bit mixed up here like.
Londonderry
I meant the players you listed are not from Derry where is JM is and the part of the city where he is from is close to where Bloody Sunday occurred.
Johhny Crossan
Darron Gibson to name a couple

Last edited:
You posted this last few years man, haway i will play, you mean Londonderry?

This when people were wearing slates?
Think you are a bit mixed up here like.
Londonderry

Johhny Crossan
Darron Gibson to name a couple

Its both. Let people call it how they want and recognise it has two names. In NI for when calling out trains & buses etc they officially call it "Derry-Londonderry".

Another example you missed was Shane Duffy, born and bred in the City, plays for the ROI, wore a poppy.

I didn't actually care when McClean refused to wear one, I think turning his back on GTSQ was disrespectful and certainly did cross the line.

Last edited:
I saw a woman giving a young shop assistant behind the counter all sorts of abuse last year as she was the only one of the staff not wearing it, there were some very choice phrases. The girl looked like she was almost in tears, looked down at her front, apologised and bent down to pick it up from where it had fallen on the floor and returned it to her lapel.
I will wear a poppy this year as always, but sadly there is truth in that article, and an element of fascism (dictionary definition, not Fascism) has in recent years entered the poppy tradition. It's a great pity.
I don't believe the first para actually happened.
Agree with the last para though.

I seen some twat on social media wearing a rainbow coloured one, how f***ing disrespectful can you get?

Given that homosexual members of the armed services were refused assistance from the British Legion for years after the war, and that one of the men most instrumental in bringing the war to a conclusion was so hounded by his own government he took his own life because of how they reacted to his homosexuality, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of LGBT people murdered by the Nazis, I really fail to see how a rainbow poppy is in any way disrespectful.

Just a few streets away
Given that homosexual members of the armed services were refused assistance from the British Legion for years after the war, and that one of the men most instrumental in bringing the war to a conclusion was so hounded by his own government he took his own life because of how they reacted to his homosexuality, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of LGBT people murdered by the Nazis, I really fail to see how a rainbow poppy is in any way disrespectful.

I said that in a far more round about and aggressive way 🤪
They charge £6 for them and none of the money go's to the RBL

Where does it go?
This is obviously quite another matter.

Last edited:
So if France walked in and took over England and made you speak French and didn't allow you to vote etc how long would it take for you to call yourself French and wear an emblem celebrating the armies that killed your neighbours and stuff?
All our noble families of today and most of Irelands are of French extraction but we don't go on about like little Irelanders do. And they have the gall to call us little Englanders. If you watch the Brexit documentary it's full of shitty IRA toms sucking verhofstadts cock.

All our noble families of today and most of Irelands are of French extraction but we don't go on about like little Irelanders do. And they have the gall to call us little Englanders. If you watch the Brexit documentary it's full of shitty IRA toms sucking verhofstadts cock.
England wasn't invaded by France but had a Norman King like they later had a Dutch king without Holland having anything to do with it. The court spoke French but the national language wasn't changed and the people of the country did not have their rights taken away as a long series of cleansing measures were taken.

Moron.

England wasn't invaded by France but had a Norman King like they later had a Dutch king without Holland having anything to do with it. The court spoke French but the national language wasn't changed and the people of the country did not have their rights taken away as a long series of cleansing measures were taken.

Moron.
The Norman conquest was nothing like William of Orange though. They were forcibly subjected to Norman rule and had their lands etc taken off them. Most of England's land is still in the hands of Norman decendants. 5% of the population was murdered, and entire towns and villages wiped out in the harrying of the North, the impacts of which are still felt to this day.

And obviously loads of our language from French.

Last edited:

Oh fuck off.

Its both. Let people call it how they want and recognise it has two names. In NI for when calling out trains & buses etc they officially call it "Derry-Londonderry".

Another example you missed was Shane Duffy, born and bred in the City, plays for the ROI, wore a poppy.

I didn't actually care when McClean refused to wear one, I think turning his back on GTSQ was disrespectful and certainly did cross the line.

Agree with this
On a football note .... we desperately need a James McClean type in our side now. We need more pace, directness, early balls into the box from our left side. McGeady isn’t performing this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back