Why isnt Gooch getting a game?

Like Honeyman I've seen nothing in him but hard work and a good attitude.

I'll take that all day long at the moment.
Part of me just says ''play all the kids' now the season has gone, but it might be best to shield them from all the toxic cr8p going down at the moment and start afresh with them next season...

I think he's a good player but unlikely to fix our furrecu problemsp if anything he'll contribute to them, as a team we are perfetcpe equipped to fail in the championship, the game is about crosses into the box and set pieces.

We are too small all over the pitch and that's something that I'd mainly say is Graysons fault, he bought vaughan as his target man when he can't do that job, Coleman obviously tried but by this point we're bottom of the league and couldn't attract anyone.

I'd still give him a game though he's barely had a chance

I don't often post preferring to suffer in silence. However the last few weeks have been desperate and amidst the rubbish we are enduring it is difficult to understand why Gooch appears to be almost completely overlooked.

Of course the response from some of the intellectual heavyweights on here could be predicted. (He's crap , dogshit, garbage........take your pick). Everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose. Mine for what it's worth is that he is a decent championship player at the least who above all seems to put in maximum effort whenever given a chance. Allied to having a good workrate and a little bit of pace I fail to see how he isn't worth a game in our current plight.

We are sinking like a stone and Coleman, in many of his multitude of soundbites , has often talked about the need for heart, passion , guts etc. Well Gooch may not be the most technically gifted player but he appears to fill those criteria at the very least.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but, going slightly off topic , I also don't think Coleman has a clue. From what I'm watching if he stays in charge Division 2 is our likely destination .

I'll take that all day long at the moment.
Part of me just says ''play all the kids' now the season has gone, but it might be best to shield them from all the toxic cr8p going down at the moment and start afresh with them next season...
I agree. Looking at those goals Saturday. Just shows the majority of these players just want the season over and to get out of here as quick as possible. No personal pride, no effort. They're playing like they are embarrassed to play for the club. I don't want players like that in the team. Look at Kone Saturday ffs. Didn't give a shite when the goals went in, ambling about just waiting for the whistle and counting the games down until the end of the season. There's about 7 in the first team that start that are basically a waste of shirt.
I just want to see people like Gooch etc in the team now, fuck it.
I remember watching Ethan Robson's interview after the Boro game, the lad was buzzing, proudest moment of his life etc. They're the ones I want playing from now on.
For those that say, well they're just shite etc, what does that make the players that play every week regardless? They're f***ing shite, and also ain't bothered. Fuck them wankers.

Last edited:
I don't often post preferring to suffer in silence. However the last few weeks have been desperate and amidst the rubbish we are enduring it is difficult to understand why Gooch appears to be almost completely overlooked.

Of course the response from some of the intellectual heavyweights on here could be predicted. (He's crap , dogshit, garbage........take your pick). Everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose. Mine for what it's worth is that he is a decent championship player at the least who above all seems to put in maximum effort whenever given a chance. Allied to having a good workrate and a little bit of pace I fail to see how he isn't worth a game in our current plight.

We are sinking like a stone and Coleman, in many of his multitude of soundbites , has often talked about the need for heart, passion , guts etc. Well Gooch may not be the most technically gifted player but he appears to fill those criteria at the very least.

I sincerely hope I am wrong but, going slightly off topic , I also don't think Coleman has a clue. From what I'm watching if he stays in charge Division 2 is our likely destination .

It's been set out for you quite clearly on here - and it's also obvious to any of us who watch the games: he's been shit. He's been shit all year - when he's been on the pitch, he's been absolutely shit. Can I state it any clearer?

If you can tell me what his position is too - I'm all ears.

I realise that Grayson and Coleman have made and make plenty of mistakes. But it still counts for something that they've largely ignored him. It's because he doesn't fit either of their systems - is he a 10? I think so, but fuck knows to be perfectly honest - and when he's been on the pitch, he's been crap.

Like I say, I don't really rate Honeyman or Robson either. But they've shown more, its undeniable.

You'd be better off playing Embleton than Gooch for me. I honestly wouldn't be sorry to see him peddled.

This is a classic case of a player getting better on here, because the ones on the pitch are shit. Doesn't mean the ones off the pitch are better - as has been proved, time and again.

Last edited:
Yet another player in a long list who is getting better and better the longer he hasn't played :lol: I personally would actually bring him back in as at least he will be here next year and will graft for the team. But lets be honest bar 1 or 2 half decent games he's been shite whenever he has played. No idea what his best postion is meant to be but a direct replacement for Cattermole wouldn't have been what I expected considering he has played wide or off the front man whenever he has actually looked okay.

Everyone looks sh*t in a sh*t team - especially when its heart has gone and half the players aren't even pretending to put a shift it and the fans have turned well and truly on them.
And the bosses seem to have thrown in the towel too.

Imagine if you are a young lad trying to do his best and improve - yes he's small and bit of headless chicken but he's probably as good as we're going to get and he's keen to put the shift in and learn. What's he going to learn from this lot?

I stopped watching it all 2 weeks' ago if I'm honest - watched every minute up to then - now I'm done for this season.

I feel like I've been picking up dogsh*t in the back garden non-stop for months at this point.

I need a Summer off and hope we start next season with all the younguns who actually want to play for us and a clean sheet/new attitude.
I genuinely don't care about the quality just that they are proud to wear the shirt and try their guts out...and a team of 11 people trying really hard can often surprise you...

He like the vast majority of young lads we have aren’t good enough. Maybe that’s down to the big cloud of gloom hanging over the club or the lack of real talent. MON and PDC both publicly stated they had concerns over the lack of quality coming through.

Back