Why has this buffoon not been sacked yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yedlin? He could have signed him if he wanted..." So he signed a right-back for £500,000 with no experience of senior football. I'm sure that would have been his first choice. Short obviously was massively restricting funds until the last-minute N'Dong buy. But anyway, we don't want to spend £5 million on a right-back, don't be ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Where does signing McNair fit into this narrative?

Where does signing McNair fit into this narrative?
He's played in midfield. Love has played at RB and has failed to displace Jones who himself was displaced by Yedlin, so he clearly isn't good enough yet and wasn't what we needed. But what do you realistically expect a manager to do with £500,000? There aren't many PL players knocking about for that these days, and that's obviously where we want to be. (To be honest McNair fits in quite well. He's played in M'Vila's position and was cheaper and is on lower wages.)

He's played in midfield. Love has played at RB and has failed to displace Jones who himself was displaced by Yedlin, so he clearly isn't good enough yet and wasn't what we needed. But what do you realistically expect a manager to do with £500,000? There aren't many PL players knocking about for that these days, and that's obviously where we want to be. (To be honest McNair fits in quite well. He's played in M'Vila's position and was cheaper and is on lower wages.)
Yes exactly a waste of money.

Do you not think the 'he could have signed Yedlin' type comments truly highlight the issues here. He probably could have done but in all honestly when you are talking about whether he could have signed Yedlin instead of Love or McNair its hardly season saving stuff.

Do you not think the 'he could have signed Yedlin' type comments truly highlight the issues here. He probably could have done but in all honestly when you are talking about whether he could have signed Yedlin instead of Love or McNair its hardly season saving stuff.

This - tbh allardyce could have signed yedlin. But he instead tried to sign that other lad from inter (used to play for the mags, can't remember his name.)

Yedlin wasn't very good. Not signing him isnt the biggest mistake been made!

Not everyone wants moyes out. I suspect there are a lot of posters on here that know each other/ sit next to each other and this feeds the belief that everyone wants this.

I want us to stick with a manager, let him sign his own players, let him build a team/club.

If we sack moyes we'll be fighting relegation next season (if we stay up) and I just can't be chuffed

Because the owner refused to pay decent money money and wages for decent players and demanded we buy cheap 'ones for the future', (so to speak), despite the fact it was literally the last thing we needed. Of course it was going to go wrong.

He spent nearly £20m on three 'ones for the future' though. Ndong, McNair & Love.

A further £15m+ on 3 experienced players in Papy, Oviedo & Gibson.

His 3 loans have been disappointing

And then likes of Lescott, Anichebe, Pienaar on frees.

Because the owner refused to pay decent money money and wages for decent players and demanded we buy cheap 'ones for the future', (so to speak), despite the fact it was literally the last thing we needed. Of course it was going to go wrong.
The owner doesn't choose the players though, I think the lack of time and scouting are more to blame, but bringing 13 players who are not up to it is inept.

The owner doesn't choose the players though, I think the lack of time and scouting are more to blame, but bringing 13 players who are not up to it is inept.
He does set the budgets and clearly has influence because he appointed Moyes, but it's hard to argue with that for a certain extent. The lack of scouting really does us no favours. I think it's biggest problem actually.

stop blaming the owner for the manager choosing to buy shit players, you f***ing bellend
:lol:

Come on now. Being restricted to buying them, maybe.

He spent nearly £20m on three 'ones for the future' though. Ndong, McNair & Love.

A further £15m+ on 3 experienced players in Papy, Oviedo & Gibson.

His 3 loans have been disappointing

And then likes of Lescott, Anichebe, Pienaar on frees.
I've grown tired of this £30 million talk to be honest. You mention something like M'Vila and people say 'well we're not paying this £13.6m up front man ect.' and people just seem to say it when it's convenient. So it seems like a slightly unfair rod on Moyes' back. N'Dong tbf has been one of our better players this year as well, though I find it strange we decided to blow our transfer record at the last minute of the window (could the club not have sanctioned it earliear?). McNair was in the team as well unbelievably, showing how we poor are (which certainly can't all be placed on Moyes) and Love started the season in the team :lol: so I honestly think the plan was for him to seriously compete for a place.

Oviedo I think will be a good signing. This place was delighted when we sold PVA for £9m. I was less enamored but could accept it because we found a cheaper replacement. Gibson I agree has been a poor signing but again you have to look at the scouting of the club, and the Chairman has been here a lot longer than the manager so I feel he has to take most of the buck for that (as well as being the man in charge).

Short has been here a while and has failed to build up the infrastructure of the club, I think it is to deny that he has completely failed in terms of ensuring the club has consistent and organised systems in place so the players, managers and the club as a whole can succeed.

Last edited:
He does set the budgets and clearly has influence because he appointed Moyes, but it's hard to argue with that for a certain extent. The lack of scouting really does us no favours. I think it's biggest problem actually.

:lol:

Come on now. Being restricted to buying them, maybe.

I've grown tired of this £30 million talk to be honest. You mention something like M'Vila and people say 'well we're not paying this £13.6m up front man ect.' and people just seem to say it when it's convenient. So it seems like a slightly unfair rod on Moyes' back. N'Dong tbf has been one of our better players this year as well, though I find it strange we decided to blow our transfer record at the last minute of the window (could the club not have sanctioned it earliear?). McNair was in the team as well unbelievably, showing how we poor are (which certainly can't all be placed on Moyes) and Love started the season in the team :lol: so I honestly think the plan was for him to seriously compete for a place.

Oviedo I think will be a good signing. This place was delighted when we sold PVA for £9m. I was less enamored but could accept it because we found a cheaper replacement. Gibson I agree has been a poor signing but again you have to look at the scouting of the club, and the Chairman has been here a lot longer than the manager so I feel he has to take most of the buck for that (as well as being the man in charge).

Short has been here a while and has failed to build up the infrastructure of the club, I think it is to deny that he has completely failed in terms of ensuring the club has consistent and organised systems in place so the players, managers and the club as a whole can succeed.

Moyes mission was to keep us not fighting a relegation battle season after season.
Almost from day 1 he's been saying we're in one. His tactics, purchases and all round demeanor have been have been a disaster. How anyone can blame Short is crazy

Because there's no money, and the board are not going to gamble on a foreign coach.

It's not this manager's fault that the squad is not good enough. Accumulation of years and eventually you just fall too far behind and it's one miracle too far.

So he gets away with performing below par because previous managers have also performed below par? Strange.

Complete and utter speculation.
Show me where short has said or demanded this?
Moyes has brought in finished players like pienaar, gibson and vic ( each will be on a minimum 20k pw). An utter waste of wages.
Manquillo will be on 20k pw plus a loan fee.
Ditto denayer.
There's 100k pw wages on utter spunk bubbles yet you say short haas demandes we sign cheap players on low wages.
100k gets you 2 decent players ( if the manager knows what he is doing eg sam )
13.5m and 8m on papy ..players he has now benched. Another minimum 40k pw wasted.
Khazri...isolated by moyes and insidious rumours spread. Another 40k down the pan.
Cue ...oh but we havent paid for them yet etc.
Like just about every other club we buy players over 4 or years before you start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back