Why dont they just pour sea water into volcanos ?

How about believing what people show you rather than just tell you?

This is all thats left of an island called Thera which blew allowing sea water to hit the exposed magma chamber beneath. It ended the Minoan civilisation and is now called Santorini.

Logon or register to see this image

In case you don't quite grasp the size of what you're looking at here's a close up from ground level of part of the island today:

Logon or register to see this image
Lovely looking place mind.

One of the greatest posts I've ever seen. Can we not get this thread Gerlded please @RTGAdmin

I always wondered, in the Bond movie "You Only Live Twice" , how Spectre managed to hollow out the former volcano and construct a space launch pad there without the native population noticing the vast influx of materials, personnel and construction machines. Plus not noticing the regular rocket launches. But I guess that's the subject for another thread ?

I always wondered, in the Bond movie "You Only Live Twice" , how Spectre managed to hollow out the former volcano and construct a space launch pad there without the native population noticing the vast influx of materials, personnel and construction machines. Plus not noticing the regular rocket launches. But I guess that's the subject for another thread ?
According to @Crook Mackem it would take a bucket of water.... not a little of bucket of water. He's talking a big f***ing bucket of water:lol:

they just chucked loads of water in to get shot of the lava. Have you not been reading this thread??

According to @Crook Mackem it would take a bucket of water.... not a little of bucket of water. He's talking a big f***ing bucket of water:lol:
ffs beaten to the punch again

they just chucked loads of water in to get shot of the lava. Have you not been reading this thread??

ffs beaten to the punch again
Am on about gallons of water man not just a bucket.

If theres 2000 gallons of lava. Hoy 4000 gallons of pacific on it.

Job sorted. Disaster averted

Hats off to him aswell ya nar. I pissed myself laughing that night. I'm just looking through now. I forgot all about the giant chimney idea to divert the smoke away:lol::lol:

And @becs suggestion the YTS lads would be up to the challenge of holding it in place:lol:

Here's what happens when very hot stuff meets water.

That’s staged.

Last night I cooked a steak and had the pan so hot because I like like on a flash cook (rare) then I put the pan straight into the sink full of water. It hissed and spat but it was cool enough to wash in like a few minutes.

So, I’ve solved it

The sink water was hot and the hot oil (lava) was hotter. But the water eventually won.
So based on that experiment, we need to add boiling water with a hose for like 10 minutes, then turn the cold tap up a little every few minutes until eventually we’re adding freezing cold water. It’s slower but it’s guaranteed to work
(All based on my accidental experiment last night)

Back