Why dont they just pour sea water into volcanos ?

Looks like its been pouring for hours, how has it not started to solidify under the water and started to pile up? Fascinating stuff and mind boggling how much there is of it under the crust

The whole centre core of the planet ?

My dad once put out a chip pan fire with a damp tea towel.

He had to have a skin graft afterwards like.

Surely they could put a fire blanket over the middle if they dropped it from a helicopter?

now I don't know if anybody has previously posted it, but pouring water on lava does in fact work in a way

http://volcano.oregonstate.edu/vwdocs/volc_images/europe_west_asia/heimaey/heimaey.html

and Icelandic town, in order to save their harbour that was being closed off as lava was creating new land, used seawater to cool the lava at the front of the flow to create essentially a wall that then diverted the lave behind it in a different direction and away from their harbour

If they had taken the advice offered on this thread Guatemala would have been fixed by now

The sea puts it out. Enough water and its going out like i dont care what anyone says
How about believing what people show you rather than just tell you?

This is all thats left of an island called Thera which blew allowing sea water to hit the exposed magma chamber beneath. It ended the Minoan civilisation and is now called Santorini.

Logon or register to see this image

In case you don't quite grasp the size of what you're looking at here's a close up from ground level of part of the island today:

This is all thats left of an island called Thera which blew allowing sea water to hit the exposed magma chamber beneath. It ended the Minoan civilisation and is now called Santorini.

In case you don't quite grasp the size of what you're looking at here's a close up from ground level of part of the island today:

I'm sure with modern technology NASA could construct a big enough hosepipe mate.

Dont really get what yr trying to say. The lava has hit the sea and gone out.

Back