Why don’t the 14 clubs in the top flight...

Man Utd were cannon fodder for the rest it the league the last dozen games
Do you think it will continue once Man Utd get rid of the likes of Pogba, Matic etc who didn't seem to give a fuck and get fresh players in who will give a fuck?

I didn't know about this new coefficient thing but given they now get money just for past performances in Europe, the top 6 who've been in Europe most of the last decade will get extra money just for getting into Europe. It's already gone up by loads this last season. If other teams don't get there then they get nowt and even if they do, as most won't have any European history so won't get a nice little bonus.

Swiss Ramble on Twitter

Logon or register to see this image

This is what the top 4 expect to get this season for Champions League - Swiss Ramble on Twitter

The rich are getting richer, it's clear as day and now it's becoming a reality with regards league performance and them finishing at the top in whatever order. The rest of the league will become cannon fodder if the European Super League doesn't come around by 2030. Even for winning 1 game in the group stages they got £2.7 million.

That's like the SOL having 47,000 fans each paying over £57 a ticket and that comparison doesn't include gate receipts if it's a home game. In fact any teams winning 3 games in the group stages would get more than we got all season in gate receipts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you think it will continue once Man Utd get rid of the likes of Pogba, Matic etc who didn't seem to give a fuck and get fresh players in who will give a fuck?

I didn't know about this new coefficient thing but given they now get money just for past performances in Europe, the top 6 who've been in Europe most of the last decade will get extra money just for getting into Europe. It's already gone up by loads this last season. If other teams don't get there then they get nowt and even if they do, as most won't have any European history so won't get a nice little bonus.

Swiss Ramble on Twitter

This is what the top 4 expect to get this season for Champions League - Swiss Ramble on Twitter

The rich are getting richer, it's clear as day and now it's becoming a reality with regards league performance and them finishing at the top in whatever order. The rest of the league will become cannon fodder if the European Super League doesn't come around by 2030. Even for winning 1 game in the group stages they got £2.7 million.

That's like the SOL having 47,000 fans each paying over £57 a ticket and that comparison doesn't include gate receipts if it's a home game. In fact any teams winning 3 games in the group stages would get more than we got all season in gate receipts.
If a super league ever does happen it'll be the day I stop watching football

The 'elite' clubs are akin to a cartel, a mafia of sorts.
When CL was formed, they believed they could reap all the rewards of the the TV money, and likewise the PL thought the same. They did a fantastic job of increasing revenues and making football a VERY lucrative proposition.... but only for the top flight.
Begrudgingly the PL split a lot of the money with the other teams in the PL, when in truth, the top clubs wanted the lion's share.

However, what they did not count on (as a result of selling their product so well across the globe) was that global investors might arrive and NOT choose to invest in already highly profitable clubs... but instead to choose lesser clubs and attempt to transform them into more profitable entities. To buy into an already good business is expensive, but you stand to reap nice steady profits from it. But to buy into a smaller cheaper club and transform it can reap even bigger profits, and also gain the kudos of having transformed it.

Furthermore, they absolutely didn't see the indirect use of football to boost entirely different businesses... like Abu Dhabi using City to promote Abu Dhabi as a region and to change perception of their capabilities. Not only do they want diversify their businesses (out of oil, which won't last forever, into commerce and construction), but also as a general perception of their business acumen.

What we have to remember here is that football clubs are actually TINY businesses in the grand scheme of things. BP annual turnover is larger than EVERY CLUB in the world combined. That's the real perspective.

So, having failed to anticipate that investment might go to smaller clubs, the big clubs were caught on the hop... 'WTF do you mean the rich Russian is spending on Chelsea and not Real Madrid?' - that was not part of the master plan. WTF are they investing in the Manchester City for? and PSG??? why aren't they investing in Bayern, or Barca, or Milan?
The plan was going 'ok' but not entirely as intended. The big clubs were still making a fortune, but now the upstarts were getting competitive.

So... they decided to introduce FFP.
They said it was to protect clubs from overspending. It was a lovely principle, and most fans were in favour.
But, they wouldn't allow for a truly rich owner to pour money in and guarantee future wages... but they'd still allow lesser clubs to get themselves in difficulties. So the facade of protecting clubs are seen for what it really was - a facade.

The real purpose was to try and raise the drawbridge on investment into little clubs... they didn't (and still don't) care about the likes of rogue owners at Leeds, or Sunderland, or Bolton or Portsmouth... they only cared about big investment, and only making sure the elite clubs were protected from any upstarts joining the elite (particularly at the expense of the existing incumbents.

They even went as far as making sure that the 'traditional' ways to make money (TV rights, big crowds, merchandise) were favoured over any new innovative ways to make money - because that's how all the existing clubs already earned their coin, and smaller clubs couldn't compete.
So, Chelsea found a way to make money through buying up young players, loaning them out and hoping their value would increase (it did).
City started creating new 'City' clubs in other countries outside of UEFA to try and create a City brand...
The point being, that smaller clubs could never get the same world wide support as United, or Liverpool or Madrid. They had to innovate and be creative. Some of the ways they were creative left a lot to be desired, but they were forced to do that because FFP forced them down that path. There is literally no way for Sunderland to compete with Man United unless they spend like crazy... in fact they'd have to overspend (like City did) just to persuade players to arrive...

10 years down the line, City are now in good shape, but ONLY because they threw investment at it. Investment that UEFA wants to curb. How in hell can Sunderland get a place at the table now?
Imagine Apple wanting to buy Sunderland. They say 'we are going to make them worldbeaters and show how Apple can transform a club as well as a business'. It'll take 1.5 billion quid and we HAVE the money in cash. We will secure ever player's wage for the duration of their contract, so even if we leave, there will be no debt...

And UEFA say 'oh no, can't do that. You need to earn your right at the top table and sell more merchandise, and TV...' (knowing full well you cant until you invest).

It's a con. It's a trap. It's a cartel ensuring only they remain, and others can't join.

However, if Apple would like to spend the 1.5 billion sponsoring CL instead, here is our Swiss bank account...

Im all for a super league let the big clubs go and play amongst themselves, then it should provide a more sustainable level playing field, and football can do the talking not just buying the best footballers.....

The minute the top 6 leave so does the cash. Premier will be no more affluent than the champo then.
Is that such a bad thing to happen....

Last edited:
There’s not 14 teams who’re cannon fodder

Imagine how boring the European Super League will be ....

2 leagues of 10 with no relegation. ?

Imagine halfway through the season and you're 3rd bottom.
.. No chance of catching the top teams.
..... No threat of relegation
....... Season finished
......... Dead as a dodo
................f***ing Boring. .......

Also - As it stands , what makes Man U vs Real or Liverpool Vs Barcelona worth watching ??

It's the fact that they are the elite clubs who's paths cross occasionally in very important matches.

If they play one another every 4 weeks (perhaps in meaningless matches, )

......then imo you've just effectively nicked the golden egg from the goose ......and stuffed it right up it's jaxie

Imagine how boring the European Super League will be ....

2 leagues of 10 with no relegation. ?

Imagine halfway through the season and you're 3rd bottom.
.. No chance of catching the top teams.
..... No threat of relegation
....... Season finished
......... Dead as a dodo
................f***ing Boring. .......

Also - As it stands , what makes Man U vs Real or Liverpool Vs Barcelona worth watching ??

It's the fact that they are the elite clubs who's paths cross occasionally in very important matches.

If they play one another every 4 weeks (perhaps in meaningless matches, )

......then imo you've just effectively nicked the golden egg from the goose ......and stuffed it right up it's jaxie
Sssshhh, don't tell them. We want them to leave, be banned from all other football and go bust within ten years.

Swiss Ramble on Twitter

great read that very informative. Am i being mad or would it not be simpler just to stop giving these clubs extra money for something they did 9 years ago, as opposed to creating a super rich league to protect the small clubs?

No chance.

As it is the club’s get a shit ton of tv money because the likes of City and Liverpool are in that league. If they go then so does the cash.
And then they'll have to run thier clubs like a proper business?
is that such a bad thing in itself?

How? Isn't FFS meant to change it all, and what's been boring? The Premier league this season has been tremendous, the top 2 were split by 1 point, add to that the Champions League, the last couple of weeks have been absolutely enthralling, if you think it's boring pal then I suggest you try a different sport:lol::lol:
It's very boring. Most of the games with citeh send me to sleep. I don't want to see 250 passes before every shot.

If you think this is enjoyable football, you must be very young.

It's very boring. Most of the games with citeh send me to sleep. I don't want to see 250 passes before every shot.

Ave it

Football is very entertaining now imo

Back in the bad old 80s when the likes of Howard Wilkinson and Graham Taylor were running the show, English football hit it's nadir.
The quality was shocking

Steve Bull & Carlton Palmer ffs

I hope Burnley go down as I'm fed up with watching their version of 'le hoof'

Back in the bad old 80s when the likes of Howard Wilkinson and Graham Taylor were running the show, English football hit it's nadir.
The quality was shocking

Last edited:
Ave it

The quality was shocking

The quality was shocking

pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, shot.

And I'm asleep. Watching a team keep the ball for long periods isn't entertaining. Take someone on, have a gamble etc.

Look at the Newcastle v Liverpool game in 1996, direct attacking, exciting, entertaining. Compare that with Man City now, it's technically superb but soulless and dull.

The premier league is dull, in the last 25 years, we've only had 6 different teams win it. Liverpool & Leicester have only won it once, and Arsenal hasn't won since 2004.

I like watching horse racing but find races with only 2-3 horses very dull.

I'd prefer it to change, so that over 25 years, you have around 15-20 different winners. I think the word is competition, as opposed to tourist attraction.

pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, shot.

And I'm asleep. Watching a team keep the ball for long periods isn't entertaining. Take someone on, have a gamble etc.

Look at the Newcastle v Liverpool game in 1996, direct attacking, exciting, entertaining. Compare that with Man City now, it's technically superb but soulless and dull.

The premier league is dull, in the last 25 years, we've only had 6 different teams win it. Liverpool & Leicester have only won it once, and Arsenal hasn't won since 2004.

I like watching horse racing but find races with only 2-3 horses very dull.

I'd prefer it to change, so that over 25 years, you have around 15-20 different winners. I think the word is competition, as opposed to tourist attraction.
And a league where the "founders " can never be relegated.

That's going be boring.

The way to change football is to put stricter limits on salary ( cap it ) and vigorously enforce the amount each team can spend on salaries & transfers

Then we get a level playing field.

The English teams are the richest- so that makes our 6 the greediest for going with this

Bunch of American Scavengers should be told to fuck right off

I see Chelsea and Man City are already bottling out

What did they expect the reaction to be ?

Spurs next I think - are they even a big club ? Last title 60 years ago

Then that will leave the Yanks at Liverpool , Man U & Arsenal

They will never be able to show their face at games again

Arsenal? Are they even top 10 of PL ?
6 English clubs now pull out

Job done

Last edited:

Back