Why do you think we deserve to be walking this league?

roppa

Striker
Serious question, reading the match thread we should be steamrollering teams like Rochdale, having clean sheets every week and scoring a hatful.

Now why on earth would that happen? We’re a league one side, with, (a few exceptions like mcgeady), a team of league one players, and yet we should be winning every week, and Ross is shite cos he can’t deliver it.

I think we’re exactly where we deserve to be, we’ve got no divine right to be better than every other fucker, we sound like mags and need to have a reality check.

We play shite every week and are still top end. If we could just play ok now and then we'd be top, such is the standard.

Serious question, reading the match thread we should be steamrollering teams like Rochdale, having clean sheets every week and scoring a hatful.

Now why on earth would that happen? We’re a league one side, with, (a few exceptions like mcgeady), a team of league one players, and yet we should be winning every week, and Ross is shite cos he can’t deliver it.

I think we’re exactly where we deserve to be, we’ve got no divine right to be better than every other fucker, we sound like mags and need to have a reality check.

Because we have captains from other league one teams on the bloody bench. We have a striker with one of the best league one records even on the bench. We have players who have played in the PL and captained well above this level. The majority of players we sign have been promoted from this level.

This squad is far better than Ross is showing us. It's not even debatable.

We're Sunderland

Because we have captains from other league one teams on the bloody bench. We have a striker with one of the best league one records even on the bench. We have players who have played in the PL and captained well above this level. The majority of players we sign have been promoted from this level.

We've also spent more than all other clubs combined in this league since he came here. We also average about 20 thousand more fans than anyone else..............

Correct. Ross out

I don’t think we should be walking it, but we certainly should be poking more of a threat against the likes of Rochdale than we are, I would say we were second best in that first half, not acceptable.

I'm glad you can accept being shite and happy with it. I'm sorry I cant and I won't accept it.

Ross seriously needs to up his game and what has been served up is nowhere near good enough.

People hoi the word 'deserve' around in football and it's meaningless
We should be doing better imo cos we have some decent players but deserve doesn't come into it

We don't deserve to walk the league. We're playing shite, so we're not going to walk og win the league. Therein lies the problem

How long have you got? I'm at work Monday:
Premier league standard academy and training facilities
Some players signed on premier and championship levels
Largest financial budget in terms of income
30k a week turn up
Only our third season EVER in this division in the history of the club.
Ross is useless.

I don't get the "we should be hammering these" comments. Rochdale aren't going to roll over and get their belly tickled for us. Nor are any team in this league.

What I would say however is that our lack of creativity is really quite alarming. On paper we have a lot more quality than other sides but it rarely shows on the pitch and that is down to the manager. For whatever reason, Ross can't get them playing anywhere near what I believe this team is capable of.

I don't get the "we should be hammering these" comments. Rochdale aren't going to roll over and get their belly tickled for us. Nor are any team in this league.

What I would say however is that our lack of creativity is really quite alarming. On paper we have a lot more quality than other sides but it rarely shows on the pitch and that is down to the manager. For whatever reason, Ross can't get them playing anywhere near what I believe this team is capable of.

I don't know...maybe attacking football might do it, rather than start negative...just a fecking thought.

Don’t forget that we spent double the rest of the league combined on transfers as well.

If any other club spent that amount relative to the rest of the division, they’d be in uproar at finishing 5th and playing the way we do.

Back