Why do you never see dead birds?

One died on Shields beach once. My dog rolled upside down on it's half decomposed body. Had to drive home in the middle of winter with all the car windows open and was still gagging on the smell coming off her.

I can imagine that was absolutely humming.. :lol:

Would have hoyed the dog in the sea first get rid of a bit of the smell.

I found a deed pigeon in my garden last Friday which was still in one piece which is remarkable as 3 doors down they have a maine coon that I’ve seen have all kinds away!

EDIT - having just entered my spare room the spanner of a pigeon appears to have flow straight into the window and done itself in, thick kernt.

Last edited:
He's looking for them. In the sky marra
<< Anyway, 10:30 the other night, I go out in my yard and there's the Werzner kid, looking up in the tree! I say "What are you looking for?" And he says "I'm looking for my burrow owl"
And I say "Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! Everybody knows the burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground! Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl, anyway!?" >>

Last edited:
There must be billions of them but you never see a dead one, well you might see one but considering there must be more of them than humans its just odd how you never see many.
Seen one the other week in my garden being eaten by a buzzard
Don't seagulls fly out to sea to die?

Apart from those suicide seagulls that must fly into buses and wagons

Last edited:
See loads. Found a great spotted woodpecker on my drive the other day.
May have hit a window.
Plenty of dead Magpies around here like. The population of birds is booming here because of this ;)

Back