Why do some adverts feel the need to ruin songs for selling their shite?

What annoys me is that nearly all adverts actually have loud music featuring in them in the first place. I don't find it "catchy", I find it bloody irritating, especially when the producer of an advert decides that his advert has to be louder than any other bugger's advert. I'm much more likely to take notice of an ad if the product is explained/demonstrated or if we are encouraged to try it without blasting music in the background.

Number one advert hate: any advert with singing and dancing in it!

Edit: on re-reading my post I've realised I'd like adverts presented by Mr Cholmondly-Walker!

What annoys me is that nearly all adverts actually have loud music featuring in them in the first place. I don't find it "catchy", I find it bloody irritating, especially when the producer of an advert decides that his advert has to be louder than any other bugger's advert. I'm much more likely to take notice of an ad if the product is explained/demonstrated or if we are encouraged to try it without blasting music in the background.

Number one advert hate: any advert with singing and dancing in it!

Edit: on re-reading my post I've realised I'd like adverts presented by Mr Cholmondly-Walker!

Edit again: Cholmondly-Warner!

Last edited:

Back