Why do people like Star Wars so much?

Imagine growing up not liking Star Wars man. Poor fucker must have had nee mates. ☹️

Blokes in their 50s, wearing those 3/4 length shorts I assume you get mailed to you once you get to 20st. Going to the cinema just to watch the new trailer. Aye, I'd rather have nae pals at all than befriend those goons.

Those whatsapp groups must be electric. Comparing each other's R2D2 they're constructing.

Last edited:

It's always baffled me. As I kid I never got the hype about it. I liked the A Team as a bairn, but I don't constantly wank on about it, buy tshirts, toys(!) into my adult years like a complete oddbod.

This is what I'm getting at in the OP. Why do people still like it so much now that they're grown up. Peter Pan syndrome

This is what I'm getting at in the OP. Why do people still like it so much now that they're grown up. Peter Pan syndrome
I'm starting to wonder if some people like to spend their leisure time doing things that are fun, watching films they enjoy etc, and not trying to live up to an alpha male model of "must only watch, blood, guts and bombs" stereotype while in the privacy of their own home. I bit like all the Marvell stuff which I don't really get (not put much time into watching it either). That is massive, I don't care, but hey plenty are finding that entertaining.

Weird behaviour if you ask me. Why would anyone want to do something they find fun when they risk anonymous strangers tutting at them?

I'm starting to wonder if some people like to spend their leisure time doing things that are fun, watching films they enjoy etc, and not trying to live up to an alpha male model of "must only watch, blood, guts and bombs" stereotype while in the privacy of their own home. I bit like all the Marvell stuff which I don't really get (not put much time into watching it either). That is massive, I don't care, but hey plenty are finding that entertaining.

Weird behaviour if you ask me. Why would anyone want to do something they find fun when they risk anonymous strangers tutting at them?

🖖

Back