Why Do People Insist We Overachieved Last Season?

Chatty83

Midfield
I don't think we did overachieved last season at all. What's happened is we lost all our goal threat and didn't replace it and downgraded our defence which has saw our performances drop.

With hat said there are about ten teams on the same level from about 4th to 14th and the teams that can find most consistency over the season snatch the last couple of play offs spots. That was us last year but doesn't look like it this year.

There is reasons for this though. Firstly we had Stewart who scored 10 goals, Simms who scored 7 and Amad who scored 13. Regardless of what bad luck happened to those players this season we ourselves failed to replace those goals.

That's 30 goals missing which if replaced would probably have us in a pretty healthy position now. Clark has stepped up though and his goals have kept us on the fringes of this but he isn't enough to cover the missing goals and the drop of form from the likes of Roberts who has less contributions.

Weve also decided to get shit of more experienced players and rely solely on inexperienced youth players. This isn't there fault but last season we had experience in Baath, Pritchard, Gooch, O Nein, Stewart whose experience over a season can be crucial to help the youngsters when the going gets tough. Front hat lot we have one left and brought in Dack whose barely been able to play.

This one is more debatable but I think Ballard and Baath were more solid than Ballard and O Nien. Not a knock on O Nien who I like, he's a great squad player, very versatile and can do a decent job in several positions but if we were gonna sack Baath of we should have been looking for a higher level replacement.

so we didn't overachieved, what we did is weaken our squad and pinned our hopes on a bunch of youngsters. Now, they may come good, but at current many of them clearly need more experience and learning and aren't ready without help from more experienced players. We are unbalanced in that regard and positionally on the pitch.

Everyone knows and it's been said a million times we needed to strengthen our forward line and central midfield/defence and those failings over several windows is why we've gone backwards.

Back