1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I buy anti-biotics?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by safcforever, Oct 12, 2017 at 6:46 PM.

1. heroesof73

heroesof73 Striker

soz marra didnt realise you were owt there. Arnly a village where I am and had that system for years and can order repeat prescriptions online direct to pick up at Chemist.
    Toronto seemed pretty state of the art when we were there back in 2001 although yes Niagara was a bit different!

2. becs

becs Striker Contributor

That might still be viral.

I'm immunosuppressed so sometimes it takes me a good 2-3 weeks to fully get over a simple cold, including the symptoms as above. I've never had antibiotics for it and just wait it out with the usual paracetamol and throat lozenges etc.

peachbum and safcforever like this.
  3. Frijj

Frijj Striker Contributor

The Spanish still selling antibiotics?

Fucking morons

Herberthall and PhilSAFC like this.
  4. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Central Defender

By the carrier bag full.

Allegedly.

5. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

OP clearly asking to find out what's the best online pharmacist so he can buy blue pills

6. Tex

Tex Striker

Stock up when I go to Mexico.
    Mind they often sit in the cupboard unused until they expire but for the sake of $15 a bottle it makes me feel good to know I have them!

7. PTR

PTR Striker

What we need is a massive shift towards testing rather than treating.

Take a swab, get an answer in 48hrs as to whether an antibiotic will help or not.

becs and The Resource like this.
  8. I bet there’s some fucked up kidneys in the countries you can buy them over the counter

Frijj likes this.
  9. alisafc

alisafc Full Back

Can just about get any medication over the counter in Spain. I stock up on steroids every time we're over :D

Typhoonftm likes this.
  10. becs

becs Striker Contributor

Even when I had an obvious infection after an operation, I still had to do a swab to confirm it!

11. citybythesea

citybythesea Goalkeeper

Because they are controlled medicine s and the overuse is causing selective pressures given rise to superbugs

12. FootballFan

FootballFan Striker

that is rubbish, dont believe everything you read on here

13. Secret Visage

Secret Visage Central Defender

:confused:

14. raindog

raindog Midfield

Will mankind survive the next proper pandemic?

15. Joe Public

Joe Public Striker

Because you aren’t a doctor.

16. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

A swab of what?

17. Frijj

Frijj Striker Contributor

Maybe. It’ll be viral though, so antibiotics would be useless anyways.

18. raindog

raindog Midfield

Its my biggest fear for my kids and theirs

19. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Usually if they suspect a uti, they'll dip a stick in the piss and prescribe anti biotics if the dip stick shows up protein etc. They'll then send the piss off to see if cultures grow overnight, this ensures the bug is sensitive to the anti biotics prescribed.

With things like chest infections, then can send off a sample to see if cultures grow too, but there's no quick test in primary care, so without an underlying condition they'll probably not prescribe until the results of the cultures are back.

Obviously if you present at A&E they can do blood tests to check CRP levels too, and start oral/IV anti biotics if appropriate.

Yes. Don't worry, the elite will survive.

20. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Striker

Resistance to antibiotics the single biggest threat to the human race.....Maybe if they stopped pumping animals that we eat full of it then this would be less of a problem....... #govegan

Kent_Mackem likes this.