Why aye man

Another great addition down there. Really looking forward to see how the quayside develops. The new arena looks excellent and so does this. Really taking shape as an excellent place the Newcastle and a Gateshead Quays

Another great addition down there. Really looking forward to see how the quayside develops. The new arena looks excellent and so does this. Really taking shape as an excellent place the Newcastle and a Gateshead Quays

My main concern with it is if it negatively impacts on the ouseburn.

Fair enough, just never thought the ouseburn being a tourist destination. Hopefully it will continue to maintain its street cred down then way and doesn’t become diluted.
I don’t think it will. I think this is a good idea though. It’ll be popular and people love stuff like this

Fair enough, just never thought the ouseburn being a tourist destination. Hopefully it will continue to maintain its street cred down then way and doesn’t become diluted.

Was a wedding bash there today at the Tyne Bar and a stag party at the Cluny/Ship.

I don’t think it will. I think this is a good idea though. It’ll be popular and people love stuff like this

I tend to agree. In the main I think appeal to a different crowd. Plenty don't bother with Ouseburn as mainstream drinks are very much minimal.

Last edited:
I’ve no doubt the locals will have a bash, but once you’ve done it, I guess you’ve done it and it’s unlikely you’d do it again. If of course you man the fuck up and get on it. ;)

I’d imagine business visitors will unlikely go on it, and any other visitors seem more interested in going on the piss.
I agree with this, I’ll gan on it once and so will loads of people from the North East but after 3 years or so how the fuck are the going to get nearly 2000 people everyday?

Dead duck.

Specifically ?
My house
The area round my house
The place I grew up
Spanish city dome
Lighthouse x3
Tynemouth beach
Whitley bay beach
Piers
Coast road
Newcastle city centre
St James park
Sol (possibly)
Penshaw monument
Birds eye view of the tyne tunnel
The river tyne
Bridges
Angel of the north.
:lol::lol:

How big is this wheel? :lol::lol:

Some mad russian lad already been up there!
Aye it is 5m taller but the actual wheel itself isn't bigger.

Logon or register to see this image

The World's biggest will be in Dubai on the purpose made Bluewater Island.

It's ridiculous some of the stuff being built there. The Eye is at 3:20 and the lighthouse at the end at 5:52 is mad! (looks like a dildo!) The Pearl Museum at 7:26 looks like a shiny metal kid's toilet or comode! :lol:

There's already been some Russian kid climbing up it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back