Why aren’t we eating beef as much?

Uurrgh, I was brought up on well done steak and I think that's the reason I hate beef unless minced. Had a rare steak in Buenos Aires, mind, and that was unbelievable, so perhaps there is hope for me yet.

Well done steak !! Should just eat ya shoe

Medium rare. No more. No less

A new report compiled by market research company ReportLinker found that household consumption of beef and veal in the United Kingdom have dropped by half—equalling nearly 4.7 ounces less per person per week—since 1975.

I thought we were eating more and more meat but apparently not.

It's the Green propaganda machine - less cows means less methane gas - eat less beef = less cows and bulls. Veal young calves kept in dark and killed at a young age - less people buying it, so production down? -
Hazarding a guess:eek::idea:

95% of my meat intake is a beef product of some sort. (as far as I know, might be horse).

Love it me, suck it up vegan snowflakes.

Uurrgh, I was brought up on well done steak and I think that's the reason I hate beef unless minced. Had a rare steak in Buenos Aires, mind, and that was unbelievable, so perhaps there is hope for me yet.

I thought steak was something you smashed to bits with a steak hammer to "tenderise" it and then cooked it until it was well done and chewy.

It wasn't until I was an adult and was out with couples and one said he couldn't believe I didn't like steak and gave me a piece of his to try and I realised I actually do like steak when it's properly cooked.

Still eating beef regularly here but from a butcher and not the supermarket as it's better quality and cheaper.

Most people want cheap and cheap beef is like chewing cardboard. A decent steak or rib of beef doesn't come cheap these days. Not to mention morons that overcook it. I mean a 'well done' steak! WTF is that all about!
You can buy a good t-bone steak for a fiver, restaurants will cook it and charge 25 quid. Beef is actually good value and fairly cheap these days.

Just finished a plate of Minced beef ,onions , potatoes and Yorkshire puddings, absolutely lush, I’m now off to our local cricket club for a few pints then back home before Santa calls, sorry just sharing my exiting life style!

You haven’t though so does that make you at the same intelligence level as a heffer?
Not really because I never pointed to 1 individual cow and said “what the fuck have you invented?” I’m asking them all.

So the reverse question is what have humans invented?

Back