Why are digital copies more expensive than physical?

__howdy__

Striker
I just preordered Red Dead 2, which is the first time I've preordered a game probably in a decade.

It was 749kr for a digital download, in comparison to 549 for a physical copy. In English money thats give or take £15 cheaper to actually get a disc.

Why is this?

Isn't it not an agreement they have with the retail industry? As if the games were cheaper digitally it would pretty much end physical copies.

Never buy digital at full price. The sales are always class though with the minimal overheads.

Whee preorders new games? Prices are an absolute piss-take. Wait until the sales and they're at least 25% off.

Most likely for midnight download on day of release. No waiting for the postman etc.

Personally I prefer a physical copy as there's resale value.

Because you can’t snap a digital copy :lol:

Not even kidding, I bought PES this year on digital download because last year I did snap the disc.

I also went through about two pads.

Most likely for midnight download on day of release. No waiting for the postman etc.

Digital download was great for me this year and cheaper than the shops. 49.99 on PSN, 54.99 in GAME. I also logged into my PS4 on my phone and told it to download whilst I was at work :cool:

Not even kidding, I bought PES this year on digital download because last year I did snap the disc.

Digital download was great for me this year and cheaper than the shops. 49.99 on PSN, 54.99 in GAME. I also logged into my PS4 on my phone and told it to download whilst I was at work :cool:

Aye when it's cheaper fine but not when it's £15 or more expensive.

It usually gets worse the older a game gets. Me and @Snappy got a physical copy of Ark for £20 when it was about 1 year old but still £45.99 on the store. We actually made a profit flogging it. Same with 7 days to die.

Everyone knows GAME charges full rrp. Everywhere else will be selling the same game for £45.

Midnight download? You can normally download it a week or two before launch..

Back