Why accept rubbish?

Apathy is the acceptance of the unacceptable- John Stott

I am all for giving PP a chance, even though he was not on my shortlist, but to be given a chance he must show he is worth it.
Each game we seem worse under him.
I mean... zero shots against Gillingham???

Leicester sacked their Manager a few months after winning the Premier League
Tottenham sacked their Manager a few months after a Champions League final

Could you imagine us calling for the Managers head after any of those?
Since PP came in we have stumbled to new low levels in our long history with no glimpses of any improvement whatsoever.
Serious questions need to be asked why he was appointed
Or we can accept failure and continue to be a shadow of a once proud club.

Mate, all these posts of not accepting what is going on, protesting etc... are getting tedious now. Look down the posts of all us Sunderland supporters feeling sorry for themselves, we should do this and we should do that! Well nobody will do fuck all because what is there to protest about? We can all have a whinge how we think we should do this and we should do that but in all honesty the best us fans we can do is support the team, simple as that. Now when we were doing 'alright' 10 years ago and having 48,000 at gates things were all rosy, now we are playing FA cup first round games in front of 7,000. Where have the 40,000 gone? where is the support for the team now?? I for one can lift my head high and say I was there through 'thick and thin' at gillingham home and away and been a constant for 30 years. Ellis Short fucked our club plain and simple and turned his back on it, These lads in charge, love them or hate them are putting plans in place for the next 10 years - something we have never had, this is just a blip in a lifetime of support for me and 'so called 40,000 other supporters'.

Just get on with going to the game and supporting the team ffs instead of typing pointless drivel on here - in the nicest possible way mate - its draining now reading this place

Mate, all these posts of not accepting what is going on, protesting etc... are getting tedious now. Look down the posts of all us Sunderland supporters feeling sorry for themselves, we should do this and we should do that! Well nobody will do fuck all because what is there to protest about? We can all have a whinge how we think we should do this and we should do that but in all honesty the best us fans we can do is support the team, simple as that. Now when we were doing 'alright' 10 years ago and having 48,000 at gates things were all rosy, now we are playing FA cup first round games in front of 7,000. Where have the 40,000 gone? where is the support for the team now?? I for one can lift my head high and say I was there through 'thick and thin' at gillingham home and away and been a constant for 30 years. Ellis Short fucked our club plain and simple and turned his back on it, These lads in charge, love them or hate them are putting plans in place for the next 10 years - something we have never had, this is just a blip in a lifetime of support for me and 'so called 40,000 other supporters'.

Just get on with going to the game and supporting the team ffs instead of typing pointless drivel on here - in the nicest possible way mate - its draining now reading this place

Football is not cheap, zero shots on target? We have a right to demand more. I am not saying we should be winning the League by 100 points, but we should not pay for this bad. Supporting your team is 2 way not just pay your money and accept the shit.

Football is not cheap, zero shots on target? We have a right to demand more. I am not saying we should be winning the League by 100 points, but we should not pay for this bad. Supporting your team is 2 way not just pay your money and accept the shit.

We have no right to demand anything though, we might feel we have a right to deserve better but that's as far as it goes

If we continue losing the owners will have to act - the key then is who is the replacement manager? In our position it needs to be a left field appointment along the lines lines of a Keane or a Keegan (not literally them). Someone who can galvanise, scare and generally have the team playing out of their skins. Anything less will be more of the same. I'm not too hopeful.
We will probably end up with John O'Shea!!!!

I am all for giving PP a chance, even though he was not on my shortlist, but to be given a chance he must show he is worth it.

Since PP came in we have stumbled to new low levels in our long history with no glimpses of any improvement whatsoever.
I'm all for sacking PP after he wins us the premier league like

Other than giving Parkinson the job in the first place, the mistake the owners made was giving him a two and a half year contract. They can't afford to pay him off and all of his back room staff. They should have given him a contact to the end of the season with the prospect of an extension for getting us promoted. He should have crawled over broken glass to accept those terms as he will never have the chance to manage a club as big as Sunderland again.

Do you seriously think we should consider sacking a manager after less than a month in the job ?

All hope is not lost.
Sheffield Utd were in a similar position and then they appointed Chris Wilder.
I bet no one saw 2 consecutive promotions with no big spending until they got to the Premier League.
Bring the right man in and suddenly the doom and gloom is lifted
I wonder if their fans were kicking off when they appointed the Oxford manager?

I think we've been in some form of crisis since Bob Murray sold the club. I think Quinny was well intentioned but the rest of the Irish crew were clearly in it to make a buck. The sale to Short was needed as the Irish property market was failing so we were picked up by another who thought he could teach the Brits how to run a club and make money. His plaything was getting expensive so we've been sold again and the current lads will no doubt happily sell us on when they've made some dosh.

The real crisis is a lack of stable, competent ownership. Strategy comes from the top and we've had too many owners with different agendas who think short term.

Managers are the guys in the firing line. Sometimes they make mistakes that get them into trouble, sometimes their hands are tied and they are the fall guys for someone else's mistakes. Sacking Parkinson would achieve nothing. Who else would even think about coming here if that happened? I don't think he was a great appointment but I don't know who else applied. Maybe he was the best we could get.

Anyway, as one of our former great managers said, it is what it is. Certainly for a while yet.

Failure, has been accepted for far too long, by far too many.
That's the reason, why we are a "Once proud club"

We got rid of all the half-decent players and replaced them with lower league cast offs. This is 100% the issue and it comes down to the owners trying to run SAFC as a lower league club. Aim low, stay low.

We got to a cup final and a play off final last year, after Ross had restructured the squad and looked to have turned around a club absolutely dying on its arse, and we chased him out, so yes i can imagine us calling for a managers head after some success.

Since PP has come in, he has tried to adopt a slightly better style of play to Ross which the fans clamoured for...the players are clearly not up to the job in my opinion, they lack any real fight. To appoint PP outside of a transfer window and start putting blame onto him is unfair, he should be afforded at least one window to bring some players in that he knows and can trust, but no, we're wanting that poor twats head already.

Our fans are f***ing clueless IMO!
We got rid of all the half-decent players and replaced them with lower league cast offs. This is 100% the issue and it comes down to the owners trying to run SAFC as a lower league club. Aim low, stay low.
And removing Catts from the squad to save a few quid means we are left with no leaders in the dressing room.

Again, our fans were vocal in wanting him out the door not understanding that although players may be finished on the pitch, they can offer an awful lot in the background.

Last edited:

Back