Who's able to sleep in in the morning?

I can't sleep in. I don't have bairns waking me up or work to go to in the morning but I'll wake up naturally between 5-6am and won't be able to doze back off.

Same here.
Don’t think the job helps mind when over thinking and waking up like at 2:00am this Morning. Everyone else asleep now except the big lump of a Labrador lying here and waiting for a walk. Then off to Bradford.
I am always active and equally my weekends are precious and like to be up.

I rarely get more than 4 hours kip, per night.
I try to get to sleep, around midnight, knowing I'll be awake by 3 or 4 am.
If I fall akip too early, around 10pm, I'll be awake between 1 and 2am, and struggle to get back to sleep.

One of life's pleasures being up to see the sun rise. I'll often set the alarm early enough to get up and run into a sunrise. The one along the Wear from South Hylton towards the sea front is great.

& I don't mean who has no work, but will still be woken up at 10 past 7 by the kid(s). I mean who can actually sleep in? I can. The wife and kids are in another country, so I won't be woken up by anyone or anything in the morning. I'll probably still wake at 6 o clock and be on here, though. Quick tug & back to sleep until midday hopefully.
Wake up at 0640 every day without fail (5 mins before the alarm). Mon-Fri I could easily go back to sleep for another couple of hours, Sat/Sun there is no chance, hence I'm already downstairs with a cuppa in my study and everyone else is still in bed
Only really up until 2am if I'm working late nowadays, a few nights of five hours kip has me like a zombie though.

Saving grace is the bairn getting into FIFA and Minecraft. He's quite happy to get up at 7/8am on a weekend and sit playing it for a couple of hours. Means I get until I feel guilty about leaving him sat playing on his todd to have a lie in.
Watch out. The Parenting-mafia on here will have you for deglect

I genuinely couldn’t function on that amount of sleep. Mental that.
I'm used to it nowadays, and try to grab a power nap through the day.
A mate of mine, can regularly sleep for 10 to 12 hours a night.
I'd be over the moon, to be able to kip for half of that time, each night.
Are you a big drinker mate.
No, I rarely drink these days, apart from a home game, and then only drink 3 pints.
Maybe I should be hammering the grog, and sleeping longer. 🍺 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm used to it nowadays, and try to grab a power nap through the day.
A mate of mine, can regularly sleep for 10 to 12 hours a night.
I'd be over the moon, to be able to kip for half of that time, each night.

No, I rarely drink these days, apart from a home game, and then only drink 3 pints.
Maybe I should be hammering the grog, and sleeping longer. 🍺 👍
Good on ya. That the biggest benefit of not drinking. I wish I knew I would have packed in years ago.

I’m always hearing about people’s sleep problems (insomnia, can’t lie in etc), and I have a solution (well one that works for me at least). If you put yourself into permanent sleep debt, then the minute your head touches the pillow you’re away, and you’ll generally sleep until the alarm goes off, plus you can lie in as long as you like.
People who go to bed at 10pm then lie awake for 2 hours worrying about not getting their 8 hours are barmy.

I’m always hearing about people’s sleep problems (insomnia, can’t lie in etc), and I have a solution (well one that works for me at least). If you put yourself into permanent sleep debt, then the minute your head touches the pillow you’re away, and you’ll generally sleep until the alarm goes off, plus you can lie in as long as you like.
People who go to bed at 10pm then lie awake for 2 hours worrying about not getting their 8 hours are barmy.
Yay barmy. Sleep debt!!! I like it.
With me I was tired and go to bed at 11. Toss and turn till 530. Up at 8.
So the next night you would think it would sort itself but it never does Dave mate. It’s a loop.
Then bang three weeks of this I’d fall asleep at 10 wake up at 8 which was great. But then back in the loop.
But packed the drink in 9 weeks ago and I can’t remember having a bad nights sleep. Eating like a f***ing ox though.

Yay barmy. Sleep debt!!! I like it.
With me I was tired and go to bed at 11. Toss and turn till 530. Up at 8.
So the next night you would think it would sort itself but it never does Dave mate. It’s a loop.
Then bang three weeks of this I’d fall asleep at 10 wake up at 8 which was great. But then back in the loop.
But packed the drink in 9 weeks ago and I can’t remember having a bad nights sleep. Eating like a f***ing ox though.
How much were you drinking like?

I have always fallen asleep within a couple of minutes of putting my head on the pillow and would remain so until the alarm went off. I know that I was fortunate being able to do that, but now, as a man of a certain age, I will wake up for a wee, but again I always get back to sleep quickly.

I have always fallen asleep within a couple of minutes of putting my head on the pillow and would remain so until the alarm went off. I know that I was fortunate being able to do that, but now, as a man of a certain age, I will wake up for a wee, but again I always get back to sleep quickly.
You are lucky.
I can never get back to sleep quickly, after a pee.

Back