Who's able to sleep in in the morning?

Unless I’ve had a good drink, I very rarely sleep past 7am. Most days I’m awake by 6am, but I do like to be in bed by 10pm on a work night.

I wake up about 5, if I get up immediately I know I'll have a productive day. If I lie in bed for a few hours on the net then the die is cast and the rest of the day is goosed.

I'm going to have to be more strict and put my feet on the floor as soon as I wake up!

As I am up most of the week at about 5.15 getting ready for work, find it hard to lie in. Have always been an early riser, when I was kid would be out of the house at 5.30 doing a paper round.

On my day off on a Thursday usually at the gym at 7.00am. As for the weekend usually get up at around 6.00 stick the washer on and then head back up to bed watch something on Netflix. Then probably get up properly about 7.30 and go to the gym for 8.00.

Wish I could sleep in, 43 years of getting up at 5am , cannot lie in unless I have had a few beers, 5 hrs kip is a good night's sleep for me , even if I take meds.

I’m averaging about 4 hours a night at the minute, surprisingly I feel fine. Not sure how sustainable it is though.

Probably not very.

I worry about my sleep like. Unless I've had a few beers, and assuming I've gone to bed at a normal hour, I wont sleep more than 6 hours (+/- 10 minutes). Can only assume that's just natural for me as I wake up before my alarm etc' and hopefully I'll be fine.

Should add as well I think most of that is good, deep sleep. Never up in the night unless it's absolutely roasting.

Last edited:
Have no problem whatsoever.

I'm up just after half six for work during the week but when it comes to the weekend, I'll normally wake up about the same time, go for a piss, then back to bed.

10/11 o'clock is common for me.

Awake for about an hour. The Mrs was out last night, so stayed with her friends. Kids still in bed asleep. I'm posting shite on here.

This feels kinda good.

Wife said to me last night “you can have a lie in tomorrow”.

Since 7.30 all I’ve heard is her argue with the 4 year old over paw patrol and the 1 year having a meltdown

Now I know this is all a ploy to get me up, because she wants to go to her gym class at 9.15 and she forgot she had booked on.

I’m being a prick by pretending I’m still asleep when I’m fact I’m now wide awake but she’s been a sly dickhead

Woke up at 7. While it's considered a lie in in comparison to the rest of the week, I'd like to be able to to sleep until 8 or 9 o clock every now and then. I'd probably be complaining about wasting time by being asleep then.

It's just not right to wake up for the day on the weekend & it's still dark outside. I'm thinking about saying a prayer to Holy God & asking him to fix it. 🙏

Woke up at 7. While it's considered a lie in in comparison to the rest of the week, I'd like to be able to to sleep until 8 or 9 o clock every now and then. I'd probably be complaining about wasting time by being asleep then.

It's just not right to wake up for the day on the weekend & it's still dark outside. I'm thinking about saying a prayer to Holy God & asking him to fix it. 🙏
Same here mate. It’s shite.

Will you say a prayer as well? I'm thinking if we both keep praying, after 5 or 6 months, he/she will turn the mornings brighter for us.
Just once a week would do me like Fred marra. I’m not praying though, I went to st Aidan’s and getting down on my knees and bending over brings back memories. (Notice i never said bad)

Back