Who's able to sleep in in the morning?

I'm still usually up by 8 but will go out for a walk and bring in some fresh bread or croissant from the local bakery, eat them then crash out by the pool for a couple of hours before lunch, lovely.

Actually, this does highlight a valid point relating to cultures who include a siesta into their normal day. This far north during the winter time, a siesta takes up too much daylight time, but where the average daylight hours are more consistent, early start and a siesta at some point makes a lot of sense.

I'd love to be able to lie in, but just can't seem to do it nowadays like. Awake at half five this morning, just finished listening to a podcast to while away an hour or so before i got up

Very rare I sleep in. I'm up at 5:45 am courtesy of my star trek looking, beam me up Scotty, flip up phone that has no camera and is as basic as they come. It's small and I love it, except it is a bit of a pain if I have to text on it, which is rare, luckily.

I was in the shower at 5:55 am this morning just after my wife came out of it.

I'd like to sleep more but don't have it bad by comparison. Probably get 7 hours if I go to bed before 11.30.

First kid on the way like so no doubt that will go completely out the window.

I'd like to sleep more but don't have it bad by comparison. Probably get 7 hours if I go to bed before 11.30.

It all depends. You might get a good baby that sleeps through the night except for the odd feed wake up and a possible change, then back to bed until morning. Good luck with that one.

Husband and Dog don't lie in, so when they both get up around 7am each day (both needing the loo), it wakes me up and thats it.... can't go back to sleep. Think I would sleep longer if this didnt happen. However I do get brought a cup of tea in bed every morning cos he's good like that so I dont mind the early start too much :D

It will! Get your sleep while you can! You'll probably be awake for 7 hours after the little one arrives:eek: :lol:

It all depends. You might get a good baby that sleeps through the night except for the odd feed wake up and a possible change, then back to bed until morning. Good luck with that one.

Thanks, I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

It will! Get your sleep while you can! You'll probably be awake for 7 hours after the little one arrives:eek: :lol:

:eek: 8pm bed time it is then

Really struggle with this.

Normally wake up at 5am regardless if it’s a week day or the weekend.
Sometimes suffer from a touch of insomnia so if I go to bed at ten ish, wake up around midnight then not be able to get back to sleep.

Coffee during the day is a false economy in these situations.

The caffeine binds to adenosine receptors and stimulates dopamine which gives you a boost but as you wind down for the day, the serotonin cannot bind to adenosine receptors which is what makes you sleepy.

I read about it when I couldn't sleep the other night. I really need to cut down on coffee :oops:

Always been an early riser since I had a paper round at 13. There's nowt better than sitting with a coffee at 5.30am feeling fresh and ready for the day.

Early morning, best part of the day. Up at 05.50hrs this am, out with dog, chase rabbits/squirrels (him, not me!), breathe unsullied air, be nice & cheerily greet other early risers, "Morning!"
Back, brew on, toast, marmalade (with Ginger! Get me!) let dog up on settee as mem sahib not up yet.
Ready for the day...

Wake up at 7am every day, only time I can ever sleep longer is if I had a very late night on the piss. Not arsed either way like, lie ins are for teenagers.

Too right. My 2 kept me up last night such that my fitbit tells me I didn't get to sleep to 5am.
I feel your pain, been there twice, its tough but does get better eventually!

I sleep in every day, if I wake up before 10am I always just go back to bed after a tab, my alarm has been set for 11:45am for the past 2 months, I don't normally start my day till about 1pm. The other day I had about 14 hours sleep.

ME... Drink Stella at 5... Spark out by... Then drive the grand kids to school... Park on the zig zags... Then spend day in spoons til 3 .. Then drive to school to pick em up... Zig zags are great... My own. Parking space... No one else seems to use them ....

Back