Who would you like to see score the winning goal?

aupaalaves

Striker
Providing we win, who would you like to see score the winning goal?

I'm sure some people will say they're not bothered as long as we win but for me I'd like to see Honeyman get the winner.

Why? Because he's come through the academy, was close to getting released, has worked his socks off to get where he is now. Probably doesn't want to be captain but was given the role due to his work rate, effort and behaviour in training.

He's a player who divides opinion but no one can doubt his effort and love for the club. Personally, I don't think he should be captain but if you compare him to a few years ago, it's clear to see that due to being captain, he's matured as a person and improved as a player because of it and I reckon he'll continue to improve.

What about you? Any preference on who you'd like to see score the winning goal and why?

Last edited:

Providing we win, who would you like to see score the winning goal?

I'm sure some people will say they're not bothered as long as we win but for me I'd like to see Honeyman get the winner.

Why? Because he's come through the academy, was close to getting released, has worked his socks off to get where he is now. Probably doesn't want to be captain but was given the role due to his work rate, effort and behaviour in training.

He's a player who divides opinion but no one can doubt his effort and love for the club. Personally, I don't think he should be captain but if you compare him to a few years ago, it's clear to see that due to being captain, he's matured as a person and improved as a player because of it and I reckon he'll continue to improve.

What about you? Any preference on who you'd like to see score the winning goal and why?
In my dreams..... me. In reality, Cattermole or Wyke. Both get shitloads of grief on here and although they both have their flaws, both give 100% for the shirt.

O9. 90th minute winner after he charges down the wing, shoves a defender out of the way, kicks another who tries to stop him as he cuts inside, sticks a shoulder into the keeper who comes out to try and narrow the angle. Then falls over and the ball trickles in after bouncing off his arm. Yes

Or a Grant thunderbolt from about 30 yards.

Back