Who will (should) be England's number 1 at the Euros?

I wonder if Pickford wasn't a mackem that the Mags would be creaming over his performance yesterday and making stupid shit on social media go viral.
Obviously not.

I’m sure if Alan Shearer wasn’t a mag playing for Newcastle at the SOL for England he wouldn’t have been booed out of town either.

Both fans as bad as each other for petty point scoring.

I wonder if Pickford wasn't a mackem that the Mags would be creaming over his performance yesterday and making stupid shit on social media go viral.

Yeah it's all the mags.... Have you read what the Everton fans are saying all over social media? Jordan Henderson gets very little stick because he doesn't act the prat. Pickford gets what he asks for - he enjoys being the pantomime villain but he isn't mentally strong enough to deal with it.

For what it's worth, he is clearly England's number 1 at the moment - he will however find his position under threat from keepers like Henderson if his form continues.

not seen the game but to be fair he made the 2nd most goals costing mistakes in te Premier League last season and must be near the top of that stat again this year

Definitely pickford, he is a solid keeper who makes mistakes, like any keeper does just look at de geas continued mistakes yet he is still a great keeper. Also pickfords quick distribution and accuracy of it is a threat in a good team who can break a lot, no other english keeper has that ability.
Not to mention his penalty taking 🚀 🔥 😎

Henderson has done really well but Pickford for me. However, the minute Henderson gets in the Man utd team he will be the regular no 1. It's always been the way, play for one of the 'big' clubs and you're in. Remember Dave Watson? (The best centre half in the country at the time while playing for us))He hardly got a sniff because of Roy McFarland but as soon as he got the move to man city he was in the England team and McFarland out

It shouldn't be about how you've played for England recently. It should always be based on form over the season, it never is though.
I disagree, the international games are a different style and Pickford has been excellent at that level - why pick someone who may not be as good as him just because they are performing better at club level.

Yeah it's all the mags.... Have you read what the Everton fans are saying all over social media? Jordan Henderson gets very little stick because he doesn't act the prat. Pickford gets what he asks for - he enjoys being the pantomime villain but he isn't mentally strong enough to deal with it.

For what it's worth, he is clearly England's number 1 at the moment - he will however find his position under threat from keepers like Henderson if his form continues.
Good post and particularly good point regarding Henderson.

Pickford to you lot is like what Taylor was to us. Plays to the galleries so got to expect some back.

Had to laugh at some of the little mock up photos on social media mind:)

Obviously Pickford, unless he starts to play poorly for England.

Henderson is playing well and will probably be second in line but he certainly didn't cover himself in glory at the u21 euro's where he had a bit of a nightmare. It would be a risk to then throw him straight into a senior tournament.

I wonder if Pickford was a mag there’d be as many claiming he should still be England’s number 1.

i wonder if pickford was a mag would there be so many claiming he shouldn't be englands number 1. theres no set of people more intent at putting our own people down, than mackems

he might not get stick but he still seen as being shite by you lot. Shelvey should have been starting ahead of him :rolleyes:

not seen the game but to be fair he made the 2nd most goals costing mistakes in te Premier League last season and must be near the top of that stat again this year

He's made the same as Henderson and less than Pope according to that.

i wonder if pickford was a mag would there be so many claiming he shouldn't be englands number 1. theres no set of people more intent at putting our own people down, than mackems

I think Jordan Henderson should be England captain instead of Kane but I also think Pickford shouldn't be first choice if he continues his form of the last 12 months. Where they come from is irrelevant. I'm only arsed about how England, not the players

Pickford easily. Its barely worthy of debate because it will be him without question - i didn't see the goals against the mags but he produced world class saves against West ham and Arsenal recently which won Everton points. They don't get mentioned on here, people just wait til he concedes and threads like this appear. He has been in very good form in the games prior to yesterday, from the Mags game at their place up until yesterday he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Last edited:

Back