Who will (should) be England's number 1 at the Euros?

Pickford should still be England's No1. Why would you drop a keeper who's never put a foot (or hand) wrong at national level?

Henderson should be. There's absolutely no question about it based on form. And it's form you wanting carrying on into the euros.

Let’s have Troy Deeney up front in the Euros, he’s in good form. Phil Bardsley is in good form, he can play right back at the Euros.

Let’s have Troy Deeney up front in the Euros, he’s in good form. Phil Bardsley is in good form, he can play right back at the Euros.

Henderson has been in great form all season long.. He deserves a chance at least.

Henderson has kept the most clean sheets, made the same amount of saves as Pickford and Sheffield United have the 2nd bet defensive record in the league.

Last edited:
Doubt Butland will make the squad. Pickford, Henderson and Pope are miles ahead the minute

True but what i mean is, which way around do you have henderson/pope 2nd or 3rd choice to Jordan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotland need to get through play off games 1st
It shouldn't be about how you've played for England recently. It should always be based on form over the season, it never is though.
Of course it should. How would a manager ever get a settled functioning side?

Scotland need to get through play off games 1st

Of course it should. How would a manager ever get a settled functioning side?

Look at Lingard, literally hasn't done a thing for fuck knows how long. He was still getting into the England team until recently. The top players will always be in form, so the majority would pick itself. Henderson has been head and shoulders above Pickford this season. You pick your best keeper and that's been Henderson.

Pickford has has a poor season, doesn't mean he is a poor player. Everton as a whole haven't been great. I'd give Henderson a run out in a friendly clearly he deserves it.

Look at Lingard, literally hasn't done a thing for fuck knows how long. He was still getting into the England team until recently. The top players will always be in form, so the majority would pick itself. Henderson has been head and shoulders above Pickford this season. You pick your best keeper and that's been Henderson.
How recent? I think you've picked a pretty poor example.

How recent? I think you've picked a pretty poor example.

Wasn't it a few months ago he got dropped finally? I can't believe you think it should be based on who's played for England in the past over form. So Harry kane could of not bagged a goal all season. But because he's played for England and scored some goals he should be picked? Bizarre.

Wasn't it a few months ago he got dropped finally? I can't believe you think it should be based on who's played for England in the past over form. So Harry kane could of not bagged a goal all season. But because he's played for England and scored some goals he should be picked? Bizarre.
So you pick players based on club form? You'd be happy for a different side every game? If Kane, for example, is doing a good job for Southgate, scoring goals and helping the team win games you'd drop him in favour of, potentially, someone who hasn't played international football because he's scored a few goals at club level?

So you pick players based on club form? You'd be happy for a different side every game? If Kane, for example, is doing a good job for Southgate, scoring goals and helping the team win games you'd drop him in favour of, potentially, someone who hasn't played international football because he's scored a few goals at club level?

As previously said the top players will be in form all season anyway. Kane will always score goals. Sancho, rashford etc will always perform well throughout a season. As far as keepers to this season. It's been Henderson comfortably better than the rest.

As previously said the top players will be in form all season anyway. Kane will always score goals. Sancho, rashford etc will always perform well throughout a season. As far as keepers to this season. It's been Henderson comfortably better than the rest.
So does Southgate not take into consideration Pickford being very reliable for him and performing well for him?

Back